Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Medical advice please

I ate a starter of raw meat last Tuesday night while on holiday, Wednesday morning I woke at 4 with massive stomach cramps and diarrhea.

Although the cramps have in the main stopped the diarrhea remains and worryingly there is more blood than anything else, I'm considering going to A&E.

Anyone had anything similar, what did you do?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Can you get colitis from eating raw meat?

I just thought it might be food poisoning.

Yes you can. The fact you're passing blood is the serious clue. Really, get yourself checked out. The Mrs W's ex hubbie had similar a couple of years ago and waited a few days. When he finally went to hospital they gave him a 50/50 chance and he spent nearly two weeks in there.

Yes you can. The fact you're passing blood is the serious clue. Really, get yourself checked out. The Mrs W's ex hubbie had similar a couple of years ago and waited a few days. When he finally went to hospital they gave him a 50/50 chance and he spent nearly two weeks in there.

That's just made my mind up.

Thanks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I ate a starter of raw meat last Tuesday night while on holiday, Wednesday morning I woke at 4 with massive stomach cramps and diarrhea.

Although the cramps have in the main stopped the diarrhea remains and worryingly there is more blood than anything else, I'm considering going to A&E.

Anyone had anything similar, what did you do?

I think the likelihood is that it's something innocuous. If you're shitting a lot you can quite easily tear the tissue around your arse or burst vessels etc. If the colour is red then this is almost certainly the case. Darker then maybe not. But, do get yourself checked out but don't worry too much.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Why would blood be passing from eating raw meat? is it the blood of the meat? weird,hence why i only eat well done meats..Best wishes OP,i sincerely hope you will or have attended A&E and we are thinking of you.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have a severe case of gastroenteritis.

Our NHS is a wonderful organisation.
The thumbs up is for the NHS not your squitty botty.
Although I'm no doctor but one could possibly cure the other :lol:

I'm now waiting on NHS results having been cared for brilliantly throughout the diagnosis process.
All along I've been trying to back out and down play the symptoms but they've been relentless in leaving no stone unturned.

All the while I've been repeating to myself 'god I bloody well love the NHS'.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I speak as a colitis sufferer who ended up having my colon removed, if you are passing blood get it checked asap. A gastric upset can be nasty, colitis and bowel cancer can kill. Glad yours is the less serious diagnosis and hope you are better soon.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I have a severe case of gastroenteritis.

Our NHS is a wonderful organisation.

Thank god (don't know why i am saying it-i don;t even know you) that's just me......pleased...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Good to hear it's not too awful!

Rest and rise once more to wipe without fear :)

I'm sure you'll put this 'behind' you in no time.

In all seriousness - get well soon.

Kosh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here