Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bear Grylls

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
What a c##t. Just seen the prick on Jonathan Ross's show lying about hanging off a rock face with one hand while having a shit. Yeah, Jimmy Hill, chinny reckon. You don't actually climb at all so......

The guy has made a huge career out of total bullshit and people suck it up.

He can't climb, he's done nothing impressive in mountaineering, he was proved to be a liar about flying over Everest and doing "extreme survival" when he was actually staying in a nice hotel. He's just a lying dick.

How stupid have we become when a total charlatan like this can become massively rich and famous? It's very sad.

Anyone got tickets for his show? [emoji33]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh he's done it again.

He's confused cliff face with 5 star hotel - he is a silly sausage.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

And he's not even called 'Bear.'

His real name is Edward. Not quite so f.ucking hard as going around calling yourself 'Bear' :angry:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If you genuinely can't see the point of anything he does, no amount of explanation from me could enlighten you.

If you don't like him due to his personality, fair enough.
The point of what he does is to further his own career and make himself lots of money. I was hoping you had some amazing "enlightening" revelation which would disprove this fact. The obfuscation of your post is similar to his career. I obviously "don't get it"* or something.

*I get it

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
If Bear Grylls could grill bears, how many bears could Bear Grylls grill?

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
I met him once, he seemed quite a down to earth guy. They say he stays not in horrendous mountain-ledge bivouacs but 5-star hotels - but does one believe what it says in the press?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
If Bear Grylls could grill bears, how many bears could Bear Grylls grill?

None, because the first one would eat the c#nt.

Fair point. :thumbsup:

black-bear-at-grill.jpg

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I met him once, he seemed quite a down to earth guy. They say he stays not in horrendous mountain-ledge bivouacs but 5-star hotels - but does one believe what it says in the press?
It's not what it says in the press, it's what he says himself. The bloke makes out that he's a top climber and mountaineer. He's not. He's a liar. He's never climbed anything difficult or done anything impressive in the mountains. I started the thread because I just saw him blatantly lying again on tv. "Hanging off a rock face with one hand..." He's never done this, it's bullshit.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It's not what it says in the press, it's what he says himself. The bloke makes out that he's a top climber and mountaineer. He's not. He's a liar. He's never climbed anything difficult or done anything impressive in the mountains. I started the thread because I just saw him blatantly lying again on tv. "Hanging off a rock face with one hand..." He's never done this, it's bullshit.

You seem very sure he is lying, I have no opinion about him either way but am curious to how you are so sure he is a charlatan?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I have never got the Bear Grylls thing and to this day just don't understand what the fascination is.
It has all been bullshit from day one, I originally thought that the whole thing was a piss take when I first saw it and was surprised to find out that it was supposed to be serious.
I thought the same with the 'Susanne and Trinny' fashion show thing as well, when I had the misfortune to come across it, thought they were both supposed to be a parody type programs.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
What a c##t. Just seen the prick on Jonathan Ross's show lying about hanging off a rock face with one hand while having a shit. Yeah, Jimmy Hill, chinny reckon. You don't actually climb at all so......

He can't climb, he's done nothing impressive in mountaineering, he was proved to be a liar about flying over Everest and doing "extreme survival" when he was actually staying in a nice hotel. He's just a lying dick.

How stupid have we become when a total charlatan like this can become massively rich and famous? It's very sad.

Anyone got tickets for his show? [emoji33]

You have my vote based on that excellent phrase alone.
At school the saying Chinderella was used in ref to Jimmy when anyone smelt bullshit.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Likewise. Both my boys are in scouting and he flew into an activity day at Longhill School a couple of years ago. Kids loved seeing him come in via helicopter. He then spent a couple of hours working with the kids on the activities and talking to leaders and parents. Seemed perfectly pleasant and down to earth to me.

Really not sure what the problem is ? He's an entertainer, of course he does it for money, why not ? Equally the 'fake' tag seems harsh - Paul Daniels used to make Debbie McGee disappear - we all knew it wasn't real. David Blaine does some incredible stuff but is he called a fake because it's all a trick and not real ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here