Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Burton (Away)

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Stockdale 6.5 Very little to do
Bruno 7
Dunk 8 Should have scored with that header off the bar, but impenetrable defensively, good on the ball
Duffy 8 same as Dunk
Bong 5 Not terrible but still not convinced
Knockaert 7.5 Creative spark, got frustrated but total matchwinner
Kayal 7.5 Controlled game
Stephens 7.5 As Kayal
Skalak 7 Better today
Murphy 6.5 Should have scored today for me
Hemed 7.5 Thought he did really well today, great composure for the pen.

Subs:
Murray 6
Hunt 6.5 Pleased for him, did nothing wrong
Norwood 6 Didn't have a lot of time to do anything

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Bruno 7
Dunk 8 Should have scored with that header off the bar, but impenetrable defensively, good on the ball
Duffy 8 same as Dunk
Stephens 7.5 As Kayal
Skalak 7 Better today

Subs:
Murray 6

Pleased to see Duffy did well

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Stockdale - 7 - some relatively easy saves to make, not really troubled

Bruno - 7 - won the ball back on a fair few occasions, not getting forward as much as last season though. Looked to be struggling so came off
Dunk - 8.5 - must have had the most touches of the ball of any of our players this afternoon. Calm in defence, looks to break forward where he can, hit the bar with a header from a corner
Duffy - 6 - not brilliant but not poor either, maybe useful as our 4th choice this season
Bong - 6.5 - so frustrating to watch, doesn't seem to really know that he's a professional footballer. Does brilliantly to win the ball back in the corner and then stupidly gives it away and then fouls which another ref may have given as a penalty. Better in the second-half

Knockaert - 7 - not his best day but man is he so skilful and class
Stephens - 8 - great to see him back in midfield and back to the form of last season
Kayal - 8 - plays so much better when he has DS next to him, good going forward but spurned a few occasions to shoot from the edge of the box when well placed
Skalak - 5 - poor I'm afraid, all of Burton's play going forward came down our left-hand side

Murphy - 5.5 - also poor, he isn't a striker and he can't play behind one up-front either. Seems scared to challenge for the ball
Hemed - 6.5 - difficult afternoon for him and didn't have too many chances. Good finish for the penalty to seal the win

Murray - 6 - didn't do much in all honesty
Hunt - 6 - got forward a lot, imagine he will be starting on Tuesday in the cup
Norwood - no mark as didn't do anything and I completely forgot he came on

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Bruno 7
Duffy 8 same as Dunk
Stephens 7.5 As Kayal
Skalak 7 Better today

Subs:
Murray 6

Same ish. Perhaps Stephens a 7, still off match pace with his late tackles. A second yellow looked possible.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Wasn't at the game today but the Formation looked like Knockaert was playing off Hemed again. Did he play there or Murphy?
Considering it didn't really work for Knocky there against Huddersfield how did he do today

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008

Bruno - 7 - won the ball back on a fair few occasions, not getting forward as much as last season though. Looked to be struggling so came off
Dunk - 8.5 - must have had the most touches of the ball of any of our players this afternoon. Calm in defence, looks to break forward where he can, hit the bar with a header from a corner
Duffy - 6 - not brilliant but not poor either, maybe useful as our 4th choice this season
Bong - 6.5 - so frustrating to watch, doesn't seem to really know that he's a professional footballer. Does brilliantly to win the ball back in the corner and then stupidly gives it away and then fouls which another ref may have given as a penalty. Better in the second-half

Stephens - 8 - great to see him back in midfield and back to the form of last season
Kayal - 8 - plays so much better when he has DS next to him, good going forward but spurned a few occasions to shoot from the edge of the box when well placed
Skalak - 5 - poor I'm afraid, all of Burton's play going forward came down our left-hand side
D
Murphy - 5.5 - also poor, he isn't a striker and he can't play behind one up-front either. Seems scared to challenge for the ball
Hemed - 6.5 - difficult afternoon for him and didn't have too many chances. Good finish for the penalty to seal the win

Does Duffy get low marks just because Dunk is more popular or Duffy looked shaky first couple of games? Could barely split them today imo, both solid and won nearly everything

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Very odd summary.

Duffy very good.

Skalak 3 set pieces let to our best chances and won the penalty.

Stockdale also made two good saves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Bruno 7
Duffy 8 same as Dunk
Stephens 7.5 As Kayal
Skalak 7 Better today

Subs:
Murray 6

Those ratings look about right.

An awkward game on a narrow pitch that cramped our style especially with Burton packing the midfield. We deserved the points but just made life difficult for ourselves by not being clinical enough earlier in the game.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 = average

Stockdale 6
Bruno 6
Bong 6
Duffy 8
Dunk 8
Kayal 7
Stephens 6
Knockaert 7
Skalak 7
Murphy 5
Hemed 7

Murray 6
Hunt 6
Norwood n/a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Does Duffy get low marks just because Dunk is more popular or Duffy looked shaky first couple of games? Could barely split them today imo, both solid and won nearly everything

Very odd summary.

Duffy very good.

Skalak 3 set pieces let to our best chances and won the penalty.

Stockdale also made two good saves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In fairness I was pretty pissed up on a train home from the brewing capital of the U.K. when I originally posted these.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
How people can say Dunk and Duffy were much the same I don't know. Dunk's movement and passing was superb today. All Duffy did was give it to Dunk every time. Don't get me wrong though it's better than lumping it up the field.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
How people can say Dunk and Duffy were much the same I don't know. Dunk's movement and passing was superb today. All Duffy did was give it to Dunk every time. Don't get me wrong though it's better than lumping it up the field.

Thought he pinged a few into Hemed's feet myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Poppycock, Duffy won virtually everything in the air and his distribution generally was good.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Stockdale - 6
Bruno - 7.5
Dunk - 8.5
Duffy - 8
Bong - 6
Knockaert - 7
Kayal - 8
Stephens - 7.5
Skalak - 7
Murphy - 5.5
Hemed - 6.5

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Bruno 7
Duffy 8 same as Dunk
Stephens 7.5 As Kayal
Skalak 7 Better today

Subs:
Murray 6

I'd agree with that except to mark Bong down to 4, he was the weak link once again and a below average performance and I'd also mark Hemed down to 6 or 7. I felt he could have anticipated the play better.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I'd agree with that except to mark Bong down to 4, he was the weak link once again and a below average performance and I'd also mark Hemed down to 6 or 7. I felt he could have anticipated the play better.
You're being harsh on Bong, he wasn't that bad today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here