Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cafes in Brighton

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is there a cafe or pub in Brighton where you can still buy a meal of meat and 3 veg at a sensible price at about 4.30 - 5.00pm (Tuesdays game). I dont want a fancy top of the range bistro or similar just a basic old fashioned type cafe or pub

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Cafe Royale, top of Preston street, does an old fashioned roast for a reasonable price.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Has anybody tried the Longshore at Shoreham where we could get off the 700 eat and then get another 700 to Old Steine but the menu appears to be all chips and peas.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I have a similar problem trying to find such a place, but then apart from my trips to the Amex I can't say that I know Brighton very well.

Generally I eat pre match at Fillets in the Lewes Road, but they just offer the usual everything with chips kind of meal, fish, burgers etc. I have also eaten at the cafe in the Imperial Arcade, but that has a very dark and dingy feel to it.

I'm sure places that you suggest must exist though.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Has anybody tried the Longshore at Shoreham where we could get off the 700 eat and then get another 700 to Old Steine but the menu appears to be all chips and peas.

Yes it tried it. Harvester type pub food. Pub has no personality and there is currently a building site opposite. It's okay but a tad soulless.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Marion's Cafe at Preston Circus has a good simple no nonsense menu too. I'm not sure if it is still open by late afternoon though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have a similar problem trying to find such a place, but then apart from my trips to the Amex I can't say that I know Brighton very well.

Generally I eat pre match at Fillets in the Lewes Road, but they just offer the usual everything with chips kind of meal, fish, burgers etc. I have also eaten at the cafe in the Imperial Arcade, but that has a very dark and dingy feel to it.

I'm sure places that you suggest must exist though.

We often finish up there but my brother in law who is classed as with learning difficulties often says when I meet him " I dont fancy chips" I usually meet him Worthing for evening games and we catch the 700 when he finishes his learning college at 3.30.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
If you're coming on 700 then Station Cafe at Portslade Station does a good homemade meat and veg option. Open until 6pm according to website

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We often finish up there but my brother in law who is classed as with learning difficulties often says when I meet him " I dont fancy chips" I usually meet him Worthing for evening games and we catch the 700 when he finishes his learning college at 3.30.

Well done for taking him to games. I'm sure he must enjoy them. It must be quite a pleasant ride along the coast on the 700 too. I'll have to try it one day.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you're coming on 700 then Station Cafe at Portslade Station does a good homemade meat and veg option. Open until 6pm according to website

It is quite a long walk from the seafront to Portslade Station so perhaps we should get a bus to Worthing Station then a train and either a bus or train after eating.

PS Just looked on view.co.uk cafes in Brighton and it seems it closes at 1500 hrs so no good.

Last edited:

Jul 7, 2003
What about the restaurant in Debenhams at Churchill Square? Looks like they do roast etc there and convenient for your 700 and 25 buses.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
What about Nanny Ilotts on Brighton Road? If they don't you've got Cocks Rotisserie next door.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Where is that on Brighton Rd and what does it sell not fancy cakes and coffee I hope.

It's a cafe. Yes they do cakes and coffee, but it's a proper cafe not some pounced up gastro shit tip. The guy is an Albion fan too I believe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here