Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burton Albion vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Let's build on Tuesday's home win against Huddersfield with another confidence boosting result.

Gentlemen, as usual please fill in the blanks.

COYS, GOSBTS!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're kidding me, right?

I might as well go back to bed, what is this shite.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Every season it gets harder and harder to get promotion, what with the quality being relegated, we have to try and keep up with the pace.
I don't think there will be any run away winners this term.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'll go with this, given Tuesday's performance.

I predict the good guys to win by multiple goals to fewer goals.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Official match thread!

Where are the Stats, Club badges, Pre match video, NSC prediction

This leads to think this is a very sloppy at best and a bad omen

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Time to leave, see you all up there

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
In our last visit to Burton, goals from Ince, Lua Lua and CMS secured a crushing away victory in the prestigious capital one cup:

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
BBBW? Another lucky win again then

On the tactical side, Kayal and Dale will need to be at their best to deal with the in-form Irvine, and we need Poco! Because Lucas Akins has been terrorizing defences so far

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
BBBW? Another lucky win again then

On the tactical side, Kayal and Dale will need to be at their best to deal with the in-form Irvine, and we need Poco! Because Lucas Akins has been terrorizing defences so far

I met Pocognoli briefly on Thursday. He said he is hoping to play his first game against Reading. He also said he loves the city, stadium, training ground etc. He said he prefers our playing style to that of West Bromwich and Tony Pulis, which he described as 'f@cking shit.':lolol: Was very friendly and seemed a top bloke.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
In our last visit to Burton, goals from Ince, Lua Lua and CMS secured a crushing away victory in the prestigious capital one cup:

Its only 2 years, almost to the day, but only Stockdale, Dunk and Bruno from that line up are likely to be in the 18 today.
Ince (now fringe player), Lua Lua (injured), Ankergren (3rd choice) were also in the squad.

Everyone else is on a long term loan pre- being sold (JFC, COG) or has now left the club - Chicksen, Hughes, Calde, Greer, Colunga, Gardner, CMS, Toko, Holla.
Baldock, i think, was injured so not in the squad that day - The only other survivor.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Everyone else is on a long term loan pre- being sold (JFC, COG) or has now left the club - Chicksen, Hughes, Calde, Greer, Colunga, Gardner, CMS, Toko, Holla.
Baldock, i think, was injured so not in the squad that day - The only other survivor.

Toko. If only he was 1/10th as good in real life as he was on Fifa. :tantrum:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Be lots of virgins in Burton today so if you do find yourself in the Beech Inn prepare for the Goldstone Ground like toilet experience , a stench encapsulated in time , well worth a visit for nostalgic value alone .

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Let's build on Tuesday's home win against Huddersfield with another confidence boosting result.

Gentlemen, as usual please fill in the blanks.

COYS, GOSBTS!!

Don't worry, I'll do all the hard work again with none of the glory.

764.png
703.png

Burton v Brighton

Sky Bet Championship

Venue: Pirelli Stadium
Date: Saturday 17th September 2016
Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Referee: Geoff Eltringham
Assistants: Billy Smallwood, Nick Greehaigh
Fourth official: Oliver Yates

Burton Albion's Ben Turner serves a one-match ban and fellow defender Kyle McFadzean is also suspended.

John Mousinho (hamstring) is still out, Lucas Akins and Tom Flanagan are doubts and on-loan striker Chris O'Grady is ineligible to face his parent club.

Brighton's Kazenga LuaLua (knee) is absent and fellow winger Solly March is not yet ready after nine months out.

Striker Sam Baldock (calf) will be assessed after missing Tuesday's 1-0 win over league leaders Huddersfield.

BBC Sussex's Johnny Cantor: "Brighton will be feeling confident after a strong performance against Championship leaders Huddersfield, when the Seagulls relied on a lucky goal but deserved the victory.

"After conceding six goals in their previous three games, new signing Shane Duffy is starting to settle into the team. However, Chris Hughton's side are yet to win away in the Championship this season.

"He trialled creative midfielder Anthony Knockaert in a number 10 role in midweek but Albion's most potent attacking force may switch back to the wing. Either way the Frenchman will hold the key as the two teams meet in the League for the first time in their history."

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]This will be the first ever league meeting between these sides.

[*=left]Brighton won their only previous match against Burton, 3-0 at the Pirelli Stadium in a League Cup tie in September 2014.

[*=left]After successive losses in their opening two games of Championship season, Burton are now unbeaten in five league games (W2 D3); no Championship team are on a better current run.

[*=left]Brighton have failed to win any of their last four league away games (excl. play-offs) after a run of four successive away league wins.

[*=left]No team has scored more headed goals in the Championship than Burton so far this season (5) - level with Barnsley.

[*=left]Anthony Knockaert has completed 39 dribbles so far in the Championship; eight more than any other player.

The Big Match Preview: Spotlight on Burton

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Don't worry, I'll do all the hard work again with none of the glory.

764.png
703.png

Burton v Brighton

Sky Bet Championship

Venue: Pirelli Stadium
Date: Saturday 17th September 2016
Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Referee: Geoff Eltringham
Assistants: Billy Smallwood, Nick Greehaigh
Fourth official: Oliver Yates

Burton Albion's Ben Turner serves a one-match ban and fellow defender Kyle McFadzean is also suspended.

John Mousinho (hamstring) is still out, Lucas Akins and Tom Flanagan are doubts and on-loan striker Chris O'Grady is ineligible to face his parent club.

Brighton's Kazenga LuaLua (knee) is absent and fellow winger Solly March is not yet ready after nine months out.

Striker Sam Baldock (calf) will be assessed after missing Tuesday's 1-0 win over league leaders Huddersfield.

BBC Sussex's Johnny Cantor: "Brighton will be feeling confident after a strong performance against Championship leaders Huddersfield, when the Seagulls relied on a lucky goal but deserved the victory.

"After conceding six goals in their previous three games, new signing Shane Duffy is starting to settle into the team. However, Chris Hughton's side are yet to win away in the Championship this season.

"He trialled creative midfielder Anthony Knockaert in a number 10 role in midweek but Albion's most potent attacking force may switch back to the wing. Either way the Frenchman will hold the key as the two teams meet in the League for the first time in their history."

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]This will be the first ever league meeting between these sides.

[*=left]Brighton won their only previous match against Burton, 3-0 at the Pirelli Stadium in a League Cup tie in September 2014.

[*=left]After successive losses in their opening two games of Championship season, Burton are now unbeaten in five league games (W2 D3); no Championship team are on a better current run.

[*=left]Brighton have failed to win any of their last four league away games (excl. play-offs) after a run of four successive away league wins.

[*=left]No team has scored more headed goals in the Championship than Burton so far this season (5) - level with Barnsley.

[*=left]Anthony Knockaert has completed 39 dribbles so far in the Championship; eight more than any other player.

The Big Match Preview: Spotlight on Burton

More like it, thanks.

Both the key players highlighted in the preview are doubts - Akins and Beavon.

PG

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here