Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the 'Long Burton Weekend' drinking thread

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Checked in at Travelodge Central and started at the Micro Pub in the car park, Wentwell Brewery beers. Moved on to the Bridge Street Brewery pub round the corner called the Albert (may be the first pub from the train station). Tonight it's another micropub and then the Devonshire, another Bridge Street Brewery house, followed by the Coopers and the Indian next door. Should be around 12 different decent ales, average price £2.70. And for the Wife, a selection of still ciders.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Checked in at Travelodge Central and started at the Micro Pub in the car park, Wentwell Brewery beers. Moved on to the Bridge Street Brewery pub round the corner called the Albert (may be the first pub from the train station). Tonight it's another micropub and then the Devonshire, another Bridge Street Brewery house, followed by the Coopers and the Indian next door. Should be around 12 different decent ales, average price £2.70. And for the Wife, a selection of still ciders.

Impressive

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Will be in Burton around 12. Let us know which of tonights establishments is best for pre match drinking tomorrow.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

:moo: ....i'm such a lightweight

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
The Burton Town Brewery appear quite welcoming to away fans, going by their Twitter account. Also seems to offer free parking, I assume for the match (if you utilise their hospitality).

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
In other Burton drinking news, I've just spotted this on one of their threads. I've no idea which hostelry it relates to, but it sounds....erm....exotic...

The Social club is open at 6pm this evening for pre match enjoyment. We have a trial offer on of growlers £1.20.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
A couple of Harveys at lunchtime. Now on McEwans Export watching Chelsea v Liverpool to be followed by a couple of cold Peroni's. Looking forward to a decent day out tomorrow.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
In other Burton drinking news, I've just spotted this on one of their threads. I've no idea which hostelry it relates to, but it sounds....erm....exotic...

The Social club is open at 6pm this evening for pre match enjoyment. We have a trial offer on of growlers £1.20.

well that made me laugh .... is it a reference to some sort of brothel ? not that Id expect Edna to know :angel:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
So, you've gone for a burton?

Well, someone had to say it ....

And "growlers for £1.20" could be a special from the local "ladies of the night"? Does seem rather cheap through - must be right growlers ....

Burton only about 45 mins for me so leaving about 1pm - not drinking ....

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
It is indeed still here. I am drinking Burton Bridge Brewery's 'Golden Delicious'. Will move on to Sovereign Gold in a bit. Tomorrow I'll be in the Burton Brewery micropub ��

Used to have a few pints of the nectar in their pub that backs onto the brewery - used to be 'main lined'.

theboybilly

Well that was a very nice session in the Burton Bridge Brewery pub. If you are thinking of using it and are coming by train its a 15 minute walk from the station then a 20-25 minute walk to the Pirelli Stadium. I think its well worth it.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Pork pies, not what you were thinking.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here