Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Season at the AMEX so far?

WHAT WAS THE BEST So far (Not including this season as it has only just started :moo:).

• 2011/12 - 10th Place

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • 2012/13 - 4th Place

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • 2013/14 - 6th Place

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 2014/15 - 20th Place

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2015/16 - 3rd Place :albion2:.

Votes: 69 79.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Very OT I know but what does everyone think?

Poll to follow.

2015/16 - Chris Hughton and the backroom staff put the wheels back on very quickly after the previous season's shambles, a 21 Game unbeaten start to the season, Really looking like Automatic Promotion contenders until the final whistle on the last day, so many highlights: Zamora's Homecoming, Knockaert, 5-0 vs Fulham, 4-0 vs QPR, even though we lost overall, the 1-1 draw against Wednesday was an amazing game to be at, how there managed to still be a massive buzz in the air after the Middlesbrough game and the Away game is credit to the fans and the amazing first 20 minutes of play from the ALBION, But once again a nightmare of an ending... - 3rd Place.

2014/15 - The one where it all went wrong, wheels very much off, if you pick this season you're a Palace fan :moo:, Fulham Away, Derby and Ipswich at home are the only Highlights - 20th Place

2013/14 - Oscar Garcia's one season in charge, seemed to drift by as a poor quality copy of the previous season, things started to unravel in a way from January onwards, not many highlights other than Leo's winner against Nottingham Forest and maybe doing the double over Leicester, once again a shite ending - 6th Place.

2012/13 - The first season of us being genuine Promotion Challengers, many Highlights: 6-1 vs Blackpool, 3-0 vs Palace, Ulloa's Hat-trick vs Huddersfield, ****ing nightmare of a conclusion though :eek:. - 4th Place

2011/12 - First season, Buckley's winners vs Doncaster/Leicester/Newcastle, The Burnley Game, Vicente's run and shot vs Derby, his free kick, his performance against Portsmouth, basically just Vicente as a highlight really. - 10th Place

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
'Amex in the fall'
Sounds divine :)

On the subject, end of last season, the fantastic atmosphere at home in the playoffs, to the biggest club in Sheffield!!!!
I know we didn't make it, but still great memories :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Complete and utter no brainer

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Before opening the thread, I'd have said 2015/16 as I find it hard to recall a better season following the Albion, but 2012/13 had some real high spots (although a massively bitter conclusion) that I remember very fondly.

I have to go with last season though.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I prefer WINTER!

PA-685481.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Last season was very enjoyable. From the moment Bobby returned to the realisation that the Sami season was a blip on an otherwise upwards curve, the blossoming of the Kayal/Stephens axis, cameos from KLL and March, the surprise package that was Goldson, the flair of the Knockaert signing, the sheer joy of seeing Bobby scoring in an Albion shirt once more - the list goes on.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Last season was the best, but as I permanently lived outside the UK for just over 2 years prior to 2012, my ever first visit to The Amex after being abroad and years of the Withdean before then was a very special moment, and a very special game in a great season in 12/13- the 5-1 v Barnsley.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Probably last season but the first was great just for being the first.

We were dire to watch when Oscar was manager so amazed anyone has voted for that... Not blaming him for that though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Under Gus we played the best football but for that awful play off home leg. Last season we giot better results but the football wasn't generally s good as under Gus.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Last season. Obviously. Previous seasons hitting the play-offs seemed like a very real achievement. Last season it just seemed like a very poor consolation.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I took the Amex being literal and went for 2012-13. Dead heat at home with last season.

Away from the Amex and the last season was better.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
2011/12 because it was the FIRST season with a proper home since then...........................................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here