Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IOS 10 are we impressed?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was very surprised to see how many changes there are.

The camera right swipe is one I particularly like.

Not sure the gay message options will appeal to anyone but kids?

Anyway one of you Apple Guru's will no doubt fill us in on some of the less obvious improvements?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Don't worry, iOS11 will be along presently.........

6gMRtQyY.jpg

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
My fingerprint ID thing used to work flawlessly with ios9, now it only works about 20 percent of the time with ios10

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My fingerprint ID thing used to work flawlessly with ios9, now it only works about 20 percent of the time with ios10

It's not that, is it, I don't think. At least not for me.

I used to:

1. Click the home button.
2. Keep my finger on the home button whereupon TouchID would unlock my phone.

Now that sometimes works as it did but on other times, it actually unlocks the phone (there's a small 'unlocked' at the top of the screen) but a 'Press Home to Unlock' at the bottom. Pressing home then completes the unlock.

I've not found any pattern as to why it does the latter yet.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012

If you haven't already changed it, it's because they made it so you also have to press it rather than just rest your thumb on it. You can change this back by going to Settings>General>Accessibility >Home Button.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Go into setting and you can change it back to the way it was - one touch.
It's not that, is it, I don't think. At least not for me.

I used to:

1. Click the home button.
2. Keep my finger on the home button whereupon TouchID would unlock my phone.

Now that sometimes works as it did but on other times, it actually unlocks the phone (there's a small 'unlocked' at the top of the screen) but a 'Press Home to Unlock' at the bottom. Pressing home then completes the unlock.

I've not found any pattern as to why it does the latter yet.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
I found with the fingerprint unlock it works better if you delete all stored prints and set them back up again. I suspect they have slightly changed the algorithm to match the prints between 9 and 10. When I was testing beta 10 it would hardly ever unlock or recognise my print but after rescanning them its nearly 100% now.

I like that Siri can now access 3rd party apps and you can now delete stock apple apps that you never use. And it doesn't seem to make the phone slower as other updates have done

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
How's everyone finding battery life?? Mine is back to IOS 9 levels since turning the raise to wake feature off. I reckon it kept waking up whilst in my pocket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here