Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Harper - is it not going to happen?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I know I was not alone in thinking jack Harper was a hugely exciting signing. He had the injury at the start, which everyone knew about. Then last season was about building up again, fair enough.
But he still seems to not be making any waves at all.
I've gone from seeing him as a leading player to wondering if he will ever even make tHe bench.
Is there any grounds for optimism? So disappointing

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He's got this year then there is an option on a 3rd year. No idea if we will take up the option but it looks like he needs to show some promise soon.

Surely there are attacking places up for grabs vs Reading as we won't be risking the few strikers we have, and 2 out of the 5 wingers are injured.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No, Tilley and Maguire Drew are much more exciting prospects imo.

Think Maguire-Drew for certain - did well again over the weekend, Tilley I'm a bit on the fence but he is very young and has made good strides.

Personally, I think the one to watch is Molumby.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Think Maguire-Drew for certain - did well again over the weekend, Tilley I'm a bit on the fence but he is very young and has made good strides.

Totally agree about Molumby - he could be something very special

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Tilley will definitely make it eventually........................ If we go up it will be harder for him but apparently he is very good. I have never seen him play though

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Tilley will definitely make it eventually........................ If we go up it will be harder for him but apparently he is very good. I have never seen him play though

I've seen him a few times. Really quick feet, movement good but needs work, and definitely a threat, what may work against him and the main reason I'm on the fence is his size and the physicality of football at higher levels. Time is on his side.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I've seen him a few times. Really quick feet, movement good but needs work, and definitely a threat, what may work against him and the main reason I'm on the fence is his size and the physicality of football at higher levels. Time is on his side.

I only know about him coz Chris has mentioned him a couple of time and said how good he is...........Is he only 16 or 17 ?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
He came from the best Spanish team, yes, but he couldn't make their reserves. He would have gone out on loan there to a side that would struggle in Division Three. Had he not been from these shores there would have been much less of the drama and publicity.

Too much was expected of him. The number of threads on NSC is testament to that. Hope he makes it, but like others I have doubts.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So after unrealistically building the kid up before he's kicked a ball, we're now knocking him down before he's kicked a ball.

Stay classy NSC.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
So after unrealistically building the kid up before he's kicked a ball, we're now knocking him down before he's kicked a ball.

Stay classy NSC.
The problem is he's been here quite sometime now, without been close to kicking a ball for the 1st team.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The problem is he's been here quite sometime now, without been close to kicking a ball for the 1st team.

Maybe that wouldn't be so much of a problem if some fans hadn't greeted him as the saviour of the Albion*

*TM Queen 1980.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is there anybody out there who has actually clapped eyes on Hambo ?

I've seen:-

whole-ham.gif

and

94a_ab0ee.jpg
(one for the posters thread)

But never together.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Is there anybody out there who has actually clapped eyes on Hambo ?

There can't be many! He made 2 starts and 3 sub appearances for the development squad last season; this season he started in 3 friendlies for the development squad and had a few minutes as a sub at Luton.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Stay classy NSC.

The media and club built him up.
He's kicked a ball in the reserves for around a season now (perhaps just under), and hasn't yet reached the levels the club (and therefore, supporters) expected of him.

Still time yet though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here