Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police in Ohio shoot dead 13-year-old

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
If the report is accurate then it seems a "good shoot" as they like to say over there. I wonder if the cops were wearing bodycams and if they were working t the time of the shooting? They have a problem with these bodycams "not filming" at important moments in some previous incidents.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Elderly resident shoots three at Wyoming senior complex

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37371019

I bring this to you, just so I can say:-

Only 6 shootings. :ohmy:

Shootings are rare in Cheyenne - police handled a total of six homicide cases last year.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
There will probably be riots about this but if you're stupid enough to pull a gun on a police man, replica or otherwise then you deserve to get shot..

It's tragic yes and I hope the chap rests in peace but IMO the Cop is not at fault and anyone who does this is gonna get shot, black or otherwise...

http://news.sky.com/story/police-in-ohio-shoot-dead-13-year-old-who-pulled-out-replica-gun-10578746

A thirteen year old deserved to be killed by a police officer? Are you okay? just read your own post back and look yourself in the mirror.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
A thirteen year old deserved to be killed by a police officer? Are you okay? just read your own post back and look yourself in the mirror.

Would the bullet from a gun held by a thirteen year old have a different effect from one held by an adult then?

Look, I don't know any of the details save for those in the article. But in America you do not do this kind of shit, no matter how old you are. If you're old enough to have a bb gun and point it at a police officer, you're old enough to take the consequences.

A horrible situation all round.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm always a bit dubious of American cop accounts, considering their recent past. Let's see if Joe Public managed to video this somewhere.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
If the report is accurate then it seems a "good shoot" as they like to say over there. I wonder if the cops were wearing bodycams and if they were working t the time of the shooting? They have a problem with these bodycams "not filming" at important moments in some previous incidents.

they have a problem
its with guns

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Doesn't mean he DESERVED to be killed, America is always shoot first ask questions later. All of this could of probably been avoided.

You're aiming a gun at a person who's job it is to arrest you because you've just robbed someone at gunpoint? What would you do in that situation old chap?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Doesn't mean he DESERVED to be killed, America is always shoot first ask questions later. All of this could of probably been avoided.

The OP said "deserved to be shot".

Deserved:
1.rightfully earned because of something done or qualities shown; merited:

I would count pulling a gun out and pointing it at a policeman as an act which rightfully was met with defensive action.

I don't think the OP was being callous and suggesting a precious life "deserved" to be taken.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep. if the 13 year old's friends all had guns, there'd have been a Mexican stand off and no one would have been shot. How many more deaths do we needs before they give everyone a gun and put an end to these accidents?

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
I don't have a lot of sympathy with the 13 year old except that if he did the same thing in this country would he have been shot dead.

Is it not possible to shoot to disable and not kill, maybe the multiple times he was hit had something to do with it..

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yep. if the 13 year old's friends all had guns, there'd have been a Mexican stand off and no one would have been shot. How many more deaths do we needs before they give everyone a gun and put an end to these accidents?
Exactly. If all high school and younger children were allowed to carry a concealed weapon then these awful school shootings could be avoided.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
A 13 year old growing up in the USA should know better than pull a gun on a police officer. Officer had no choice really. Somebody points a gun at me with a laser, Im going to shoot at where the laser is coming from. I doubt if the officer knew the teenagers age either.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Elderly resident shoots three at Wyoming senior complex

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37371019

I bring this to you, just so I can say:-

Only 6 shootings. :ohmy:

Shootings are rare in Cheyenne - police handled a total of six homicide cases last year.

Surely that implies that there were only 6 fatal shootings, not 6 instances of it overall?

Cheyenne could be a stupendously inaccurate wild west for all we know.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There will probably be riots about this but if you're stupid enough to pull a gun on a police man, replica or otherwise then you deserve to get shot..

It's tragic yes and I hope the chap rests in peace but IMO the Cop is not at fault and anyone who does this is gonna get shot, black or otherwise...

http://news.sky.com/story/police-in-ohio-shoot-dead-13-year-old-who-pulled-out-replica-gun-10578746

Love you called him a "chap"....

Yes, uh, chap over there of about 13. Waving a gun around. Wearing Jeans.

Got you on the old gun rule eh! Nazis!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here