Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephens thanks fans for warm welcome back [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7
Dale Stephens in action against Huddersfield. Picture by Simon Dack

/ Andy Naylor, Chief sports reporter

Dale Stephens has thanked Albion fans for their support after his transfer saga.
The midfielder was warmly applauded when he came off the bench against Brentford at the Amex last Saturday.
His return to the starting line-up for Tuesday’s 1-0 home win against Huddersfield was also well received.
There were no boos for Stephens, who handed in a transfer request on the final day of the window as a sixth bid for him by Premier League Burnley was rejected again.
“It’s been amazing,” Stephens said. “I didn’t expect it. I’m really grateful for it but I’m still here, I’m still a Brighton player.”
Stephens made only his second start of the season against Huddersfield, back alongside regular partner Beram Kayal.
“It was a tough game,” he said. “It’s nice to get back on the pitch after coming off the bench at the weekend. It’s nice to get back to normal and back to winning ways.
“I was tiring towards the end but I expected that. Huddersfield move the ball around and we knew it would be hard work but we did the job.

“It’s a massive win. The manager said he wanted a reaction and I think we gave him that. We have to build on it now.”Stephens is in line for his first away start at Burton on Saturday since he was sent-off in the promotion decider at Middlesbrough on Saturday.
Boss Chris Hughton will have assistant Colin Calderwood back alongside him against Nigel Clough’s Championship newcomers.
The Scot missed the matches against Brentford and Huddersfield. Calderwood was hospitalised by a kidney-affecting water infection which coincided with a family bereavement.

[h=4]Promoted stories[/h]

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here