Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Applauding away supporters

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Yes that old chestnut....why do people feel the need to do it , gets on my goat. Invariably, as was the case last night, they make tasteless chants ie 'stand up if you're holding hands'......perhaps a real supporter can say if the same happens when we go to away matches (applause) :clap2:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Opposite for me, I really do not have an issue with it. We are all football fans and a polite clap to Huddersfield for making that long round trip on a Tuesday night rather than being an armchair champions league supporter is fair enough if you ask me.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Yes that old chestnut....why do people feel the need to do it , gets on my goat. Invariably, as was the case last night, they make tasteless chants ie 'stand up if you're holding hands'......perhaps a real supporter can say if the same happens when we go to away matches (applause) :clap2:

I can confirm it doesn't happen..Will see if they do it at Burton and will report back!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Interesting image...

I applaud them for making the effort to come down and support their team and – more importantly – putting money into Brighton and Hove Albion by purchasing their tickets, beer, pies and burgers. I couldn't give two hoots what they are chanting, because invariably when away teams chant something at us, we chant something back at them. Sometimes we don't need them to start the tasteless chants; we start them ourselves.

Hope this helps and I'm sorry if that doesn't qualify me as a 'real' supporter.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No it rarely happens, perhaps games at Charlton, Plymouth and Blackpool when they needed a bit of support and we helped out a bit.

I don't mind the applause though, it's a nice thing to do.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I can't recall ever having been applauded at an away game.

I think I have on numerous occasions.

I've been given loads of double handed gestures.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
As a club - we're too bloody soft and nicey-nicey.

And that ladies and gentlemen is why we are losers. :)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Shows a bit of class from us and fair play to the Huddersfield fans last night, not a huge amout of them but it's some dedication to follow their team on a 450 mile round trip on a Tuesday night with quality football entertainment on the telly already.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Shows a bit of class from us and fair play to the Huddersfield fans last night, not a huge amout of them but it's some dedication to follow their team on a 450 mile round trip on a Tuesday night with quality football entertainment on the telly already.
It makes us look like a bunch of poofs and way to soft :)

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Yorkshire to Sussex on a Tuesday night to support the team you love, massive respect for that financial dedication.

Quite happily showed my appreciation by joining in the round of applause.

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
was just wondering how many of those that clap the away support also boo the lads off at half time, light up the phone, and leave early

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
The ones who applaud probably do it as they realise that away supporters are people just like them who have traveled, possibly a great distance, to support their team. The negativity towards people simply because they don't support the right team is, quite frankly, childish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here