Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New chippy by the station

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Closed last night whilst Sing Li was still open at 10:45 AND had a 7 man queue meaning I couldn't get my battered sausage and chips before the bus (my fault for having a swifty in the Bell).

You aren't gonna survive if you close whilst Sing Li is still open. NO SIR.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The new chippy isn't very good either.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Sing Li is a Brighton institution, though. I hope nobody is going to let minor concerns over lack of hygiene etc put them off.

We've just (apparently) lost the New Lotus near the Dials over what looks like a matter of their lease, so my walk home from the station can't afford to be without yet another late-night food option.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Grubbs is the one which amazes me, no matter what you order you get a Grease Burger with Extra Grease. At least they're consistent though - unlike the meat used in their burgers.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I liked it when the bloke in Divalls used to smoke whilst frying the eggs, it gave it a feel of authenticity that is now sadly lacking.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sing Li is a Brighton institution, though. I hope nobody is going to let minor concerns over lack of hygiene etc put them off.

Quite. May it live long and prosper.

Lin Hong used to be another favoured Brighton institution. Big puddle of grease with a pancake roll floating around in the middle. Marvellous!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
If he's got two stars I don't see what anyone's worried about.

I still go to Burger Off and they don't even have ONE hygiene star. Similarly I've demolished many a delicious burger in the Brighton Beer Dispensary and they have just ONE star of hygiene

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Grubbs is the one which amazes me, no matter what you order you get a Grease Burger with Extra Grease. At least they're consistent though - unlike the meat used in their burgers.

Odd, I've always found them pretty tasty and not at all greasy. It may depend which one though as they're not all the same company any more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here