Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harveys Beer Stations at the Amex

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Where have they gone?

The club are making a big mistake if this is the future. I Would rather go without a drink than drink Fosters piss water.

In the West Lower there is normally a 50 person queue at half time for a pint of Sussex. Last night there was no queue for Fosters.

Fair point you can buy Harveys at the tills but they pour it 30 minutes before half time and it destroys the taste of the beer.

Also to mention Guinness was available at the drinking stations but has also disappeared.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Hear Hear.
East upper I went for a half time pint and was really happy to see that the beer station had no queue, until I realised it only had fizzy water. Bring back the Harveys.
I went without.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
They often aren't there for night games.

Due to the weather I've been drinking my own beer outside before the match, which I can only assume is where they've been keeping the Harveys barrels as the last two I've had at half time have tasted of acrid piss.

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
The temporary Fosters stand in the WSL ran out of Fosters on the stroke of half time.

I think that I arrived there just after you, as the lad behind the bar handed over the last half pint of pish, to the guy in front!

" You had one job to do, and you fecked it up".........How difficult can it be to organise having enough beer for a football match. Surely, if it doesn't get sold at this match, it'll go at the next? Or is that too simplistic an answer?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I think that I arrived there just after you, as the lad behind the bar handed over the last half pint of pish, to the guy in front!

" You had one job to do, and you fecked it up".........How difficult can it be to organise having enough beer for a football match. Surely, if it doesn't get sold at this match, it'll go at the next? Or is that too simplistic an answer?

That half pint was undrinkable.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
No (stand alone) Harveys pumps in the West Lower either, just very bored looking students waiting to serve some Fosters to non-existent punters. Strangely, there is a little kiosk on the west lower that only sells Heineken (which is, imho, a far nicer lager than Fosters). I'm sure the caterers know what they're doing???

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
It was the same in the WSU however the queue for the pie and a pint has a Harvey's pump that helped a little until fans realised.��You could buy a ��Without a ����

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I never really understood why they got rid of the bottle bars, as these were perfect for a half time drink.

They used to have a couple of lads walking around the concourse with backpacks of beer ... that made so much more sense than the current set up too, but i guess that's why they got rid of them

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Five minute wait for Fosters sh*t in the WSU because the barrel had to be changed. I mean ffs.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Where have they gone?

The club are making a big mistake if this is the future
. I Would rather go without a drink than drink Fosters piss water.

In the West Lower there is normally a 50 person queue at half time for a pint of Sussex. Last night there was no queue for Fosters.

Fair point you can buy Harveys at the tills but they pour it 30 minutes before half time and it destroys the taste of the beer.

Also to mention Guinness was available at the drinking stations but has also disappeared.

I think you mean 'the caterers'. They're the ones responsible, not the club.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
I think you mean 'the caterers'. They're the ones responsible, not the club.

Are the club not in a position to question/challenge the Caterer's about products they sell and unhappy supporters? If they can cannot then who negotiated the contract must be questioned.

If we had not challenged the club before the opening of the Amex then Harveys would have never been sold at the Amex.

I think it's very poor that if supporters challenge the club over poor catering issues then all we get back from the club is 'ooohhhh its so bad' but its the Caterer's fault not us....... :( :(

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
image.jpeg

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Are the club not in a position to question/challenge the Caterer's about products they sell and unhappy supporters? If they can cannot then who negotiated the contract must be questioned.

If we had not challenged the club before the opening of the Amex then Harveys would have never been sold at the Amex.

I think it's very poor that if supporters challenge the club over poor catering issues then all we get back from the club is 'ooohhhh its so bad' but its the Caterer's fault not us....... :( :(

The decision - in this instance - on the beer station is the that of the caterers. They are simply fulfilling one of their obligations - to sell Harvey's. How they do it is, within reason, up to them.

It's just that you're blaming the club. Questioning the club - which of course you can do is you want - is a separate issue. So if you're unhappy, write to the club and the caterers and tell them what you think. One thing is for sure - they won't do anything if you only write about it on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here