Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 "We're hoping to base it on the Arsenal model'

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Martin Perry's words to me in early 2011 when making a short film for Seagulls World.
Judging by last nights latest debacle the intention has changed, it's now a fusion of the Chuckle Brothers and Laurel and Hardy 🙈

D

Deleted User X18H

Martin Perry's words to me in early 2011 when making a short film for Seagulls World.
Judging by last nights latest debacle the intention has changed, it's now a fusion of the Chuckle Brothers and Laurel and Hardy ��

Oh no what happened in the East 1901?

The West was fairly ok. I suppose .

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Lenny Rider;7591009t-We-re-hoping-to-base-it-on-the-Arsenal-model said:
Judging by last nights latest debacle the intention has changed, it's now a fusion of the Chuckle Brothers and Laurel and Hardy ��

Anyone who`s been to the Emirates middle tier will know that the experience is somewhat different. The service is better, restaurant food is quality and reasonably priced and the free half time Beer/snacks are welcome .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
- Spending enough money to get close but not win.
- Only buying wingers and not strikers.
- An overworked medical team.
- Silent fans.
- Beautiful stadium.

It seems to me like we've delivered on that promise.

we kid because we love. :lol: :jester:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Arrived at 6.45, ordered 4 burgers behind the bar £12.50 each paid the £50, catering manager came out about 20 mins later to say couldn't do the burgers as they'd run out of them in 1901 East (although at 6.45 there weren't that many people in the lounge), she then backtracked even further and said the member of staff, a young man to which English is not his mother tongue should never have taken our order in the first place, gave us our money back and then in her defence gave us a complimentary pie each.
Half time long queue at the bar with only two staff, one being the aforementioned foreign student, working behind the jump.

This is the Albion and to a degree we have to accept it warts and all, but the empty seats around us caused by the lack of renewals tell a story in itself.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
gave us our money back and then in her defence gave us a complimentary pie each.

This is the Albion and to a degree we have to accept it warts and all, but the empty seats around us caused by the lack of renewals tell a story in itself.

You got a free pie. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Arrived at 6.45, ordered 4 burgers behind the bar £12.50 each paid the £50, catering manager came out about 20 mins later to say couldn't do the burgers as they'd run out of them in 1901 East (although at 6.45 there weren't that many people in the lounge), she then backtracked even further and said the member of staff, a young man to which English is not his mother tongue should never have taken our order in the first place, gave us our money back and then in her defence gave us a complimentary pie each.
Half time long queue at the bar with only two staff, one being the aforementioned foreign student, working behind the jump.

Have you given up your box this season?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Having done 1901 and Emirates Platinum, comparing the two is like being served a lump of shit in gravy and the finest sausage and mash money can buy.

Gourmet food in the Emirates, lounges that don't resemble airline departures, bars that you get served straight away in and free alcohol at half time, already poured and waiting for you as soon as the whistle goes

If that is the standard the club are still aspiring to then they are a long bloody way from it

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Having done 1901 and Emirates Platinum, comparing the two is like being served a lump of shit in gravy and the finest sausage and mash money can buy.

Gourmet food in the Emirates, lounges that don't resemble airline departures, bars that you get served straight away in and free alcohol at half time, already poured and waiting for you as soon as the whistle goes

If that is the standard the club are still aspiring to then they are a long bloody way from it

Presumably Emirates Platinum comes with a price to match

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Presumably Emirates Platinum comes with a price to match
Given the difference in service and quality, I'd hope so. On the occasions I've done either it has been on a freebie so I couldn't even tell you how much 1901 is

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Arsenal was £1,000 for one game!

I got a freebie at Arsenal and the prices were that ridiculous. I can't remember exactly how much, but it was diabolical. As a result, most people in the Platinum area were more interested in the free food and champagne than they were in the football. We saw a Champions League game, and the restaurant was still serving people food at kick off. Nobody seemed that bothered about moving, especially as there were screens at many of the booths. A fantastic experience, but not the way I'd want to watch football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here