Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] KNOCKAERT HAPPY WITH MORE ADVANCED ROLE

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion's winger reflected on playing in a different position against Huddersfield.

Anthony Knockaert was happy to play in more of an advanced role, as his winner gave Brighton & Hove Albion a 1-0 victory over Huddersfield Town last night.The Frenchman started the game in a number 10 role behind Tomer Hemed up front, and found the back of the net in the 80th minute to secure a crucial win over the league leaders.
He said, “I played up front with Tomer {Hemed}, and obviously it wasn’t easy in the first half, because we didn’t have too much pace in the midfield.
“The gaffer told me two days ago that I was going to play there, so I got myself ready and tried to play as well as I could.
“I enjoy playing there; I used to play there in France, but the most important thing for me was to remain focused, not get frustrated, and obviously I’m happy with the goal.
“It wasn’t the best one I’ve scored in my career, but obviously it was perfect for us, and I’m really happy to secure the three points for my team-mates."
Knockaert highlighted the importance of the result, and how their persistence ultimately paid off against a defensively resolute Terriers side.
“It was a very important win, because we needed three points after two defeats. We needed to show what we could do again, and focus on getting the three points.
“We needed to be patient against a team with good shape; they were very organised and we needed to be patient and wait for an opportunity to score.
“We wanted to get back to winning ways, so we’re very happy."

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

The match-winner praised the work ethic of the entire team, and believes the feel-good factor is now back amongst the squad.“Everybody worked so hard, you could see the strong team spirit in the team, and it was really important to win the game.
“We said at half-time, we’d have one opportunity and would need to take it, and that’s what we did. There’s no easy game in the Championship, and when you can’t score, it’s so important to keep the shape.
“We had to stay focused, which is what we did, so we’re very happy to take the three points from tonight. When you win games, it’s always a good feeling, and you go into the next game very confident.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here