Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poetic justice?

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
I don't dislike Huddersfield and I rather hope they do well - although my impression tonight is that their success in the league is as much about fitness and work-rate as footballing talent.

But some poetic justice that wind-up merchant keeper Danny Ward spilled Knocky's bungled shot, worth a small smile...

:smile:

theboybilly

I don't dislike Huddersfield and I rather hope they do well - although my impression tonight is that their success in the league is as much about fitness and work-rate as footballing talent.

But some poetic justice that wind-up merchant keeper Danny Ward spilled Knocky's bungled shot, worth a small smile...

The very first thought that came into my head. Amazing transformation in that 'keepers attitude once a goal behind

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne

Enjoyed it live. Enjoyed the many replays on the big screen. "Ooooooh....yea!"

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London

I totally agree

They are quick, fit and organised which probably took them top

As for the time wasting and wind-ups from all their players - especially the keeper - time waste that 1-0 loss you prigs!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Special mention to whoever was controlling the videos for showing endless replays!! What also wound me up is the referee having the audacity to start hurrying up stockdale and our subs after we scored having not had a word with a single Huddersfield player for blatant time wasting before the goal

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Special mention to whoever was controlling the videos for showing endless replays!! What also wound me up is the referee having the audacity to start hurrying up stockdale and our subs after we scored having not had a word with a single Huddersfield player for blatant time wasting before the goal

That was so obvious that it was almost embarrassing seeing as Huddersfield had been time wasting from about 30 mins.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Special mention to Casper Ankergren. If ever there was a MASTERCLASS in timewasting goalkeeping he was THE MAN

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Time wasting in a match like this, in the first half at this stage of the season says to me that they're not confident in their own footballing ability and are starting to feel the pressure.

I do quite like Huddersfield though because of blue and white, funny online comics and the fact that they hate Leeds.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Thought they were decent and particularly liked their #10, but they are essentially a defensive outfit and are squeezing out 1 goal wins by taking the odd chance. Didn't create anything last night and plan b was lump it to the big fella and see if we can pick up the second ball.
Suspect they might struggle to break down the less able / more defensive sides but will take plenty of points off the top half and the more offensively minded sides, particularly away from home.
The time wasting and rolling on the floor to break the game up was a bit overdone, and the ref letting them do it and then giving us the hurry-up after the goal was ridiculous.
I think they'll finish top 8, but don't know if they have enough attacking capability / instincts for top 6. We shall see...

Good 3 points for us; don't think they'll lose many away against the better teams.

Also quite liked their message board, some pretty level headed stuff on there (other than one of our own arses trolling). Good luck to them I say but hope they curb that time wasting thing.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Time wasting in a match like this, in the first half at this stage of the season says to me that they're not confident in their own footballing ability and are starting to feel the pressure.

I do quite like Huddersfield though because of blue and white, funny online comics and the fact that they hate Leeds.
Perhaps it could be seen as a bit of a compliament to us, the fact that they were happy to settle for a 0-0. Despite our indifferent start to the season their manager obviously rated our team enough to issue these instructions.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Good club and fans imo and huge difference between them and the arrogant lot up the road from them ,nice to see another face at the top,albeit a temporary situation .

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Thought Danny would appreciate something to watch on the long journey back North.

[tweet]775806704541962240[/tweet]

Hmm talking about stupidity, the **** in the middle of that still is the person who thought it was funny to throw the ball backwards into the NS during the Brentford match when we were losing

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Most definitely rich reward for his time wasting.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here