Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Best team we've played so far"

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
They must have played some terrible teams then. Thought we were distinctly average at best.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We were poor tonight. We were lucky they came for a draw.
Even luckier their keeper was such a calamity.

I

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It must be me but I thought that we played quite well tonight as we looked very strong at the back and very good in central midfield although a little lacking up front and out wide with AK playing in an unusual position. We missed his attacking influence from wide cutting in and taking on defenders. We looked solid and more like a team again.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Thus far, they have played....Brentford ( beat us )...Newcastle ( beat us )....Villa ( started well ).....Barnsley ( started like a house on fire )....Wolves.... and Leeds.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Thus far, they have played....Brentford ( beat us )...Newcastle ( beat us )....Villa ( started well ).....Barnsley ( started like a house on fire )....Wolves.... and Leeds.

One could argue that they played Toon, Wolves and Villa 'at the right time' before they'd settled as teams. Barnsley look like a 'win or lose' type of team, which is perfect opposition for a team set up the way that Hudds are and Leeds are shite.
Having said that I think Hudds are more than decent and credit to them for a great start. 5th-8th is their likely finishing position. They need more creativity and attacking intent to finish at the top end of that range though.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
It must be me but I thought that we played quite well tonight as we looked very strong at the back and very good in central midfield although a little lacking up front and out wide with AK playing in an unusual position. We missed his attacking influence from wide cutting in and taking on defenders. We looked solid and more like a team again.
Have to agree, being clinical in the last third worries me. The spine looked good Dunk & Duffy assured, Stephens and Kayal dominate - thought Mooy played well for them. Patches of good play.
Not a poor performance for me though.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Better performance tonight , but still opposition seem to have a lot of space in Midfield for one player to dictate . last night it was uncle fester lookalike (Mooy i believe ) and on Sat it was the Ginger from Brentford . Don't think Knocky works as number 10 as he is more effective coming in from wing . For all his faults ,would like to see Elvis come on for longer than 15 mins to see if he can create something with his pace, but i fear his game is about knocking over the top for him to run onto ,and the better teams in this league will suss that .

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Totally agree with this. After a string of disappointing performances we finally turned up for once. We had hustle, a decent tempo and really looked up for it. Given Hudds excellent start to the season we were never likely to have too many chances but we did create a couple against a very decent side who had set themselves up to frustrate us.

For the first time in a while we actually looked like a team tonight.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
One could argue that they played Toon, Wolves and Villa 'at the right time' before they'd settled as teams. Barnsley look like a 'win or lose' type of team, which is perfect opposition for a team set up the way that Hudds are and Leeds are shite.
Having said that I think Hudds are more than decent and credit to them for a great start. 5th-8th is their likely finishing position. They need more creativity and attacking intent to finish at the top end of that range though.

For me the Huddersfield issue will be when they have injuries and suspensions. I don't think their squad could cope with too many injuries. The seemed quite one dimensional but very disciplined and organised

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
A tweet from Brian Owen who could hear the Radio Leeds commentators.

[tweet]775841668666953729[/tweet]

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Totally agree with this. After a string of disappointing performances we finally turned up for once. We had hustle, a decent tempo and really looked up for it. Given Hudds excellent start to the season we were never likely to have too many chances but we did create a couple against a very decent side who had set themselves up to frustrate us.

For the first time in a while we actually looked like a team tonight.

We certainly looked better last night than on Saturday. The defence looked a lot better as it looks like Duffy has adapted himself to our style of play and there wasn't that gaping hole in the right side of our defence. Stockdale (of whom I'm NOT the number 1 fan) looked a bit better. Midfield looked pretty solid with Stephens back alongside Beram Kayal. Just the fact that we don't have a number 10 type to complement Hemed. Knockaert was a little wasted there (although he did all that was asked of him) as he's better cutting in from the wing as has been said above. I do wonder if Elvis could be that player - he's certainly bloody quick. Or perhaps Solly when he's 100% fit. Perhaps Saturday WAS just a collective bad day at the office ???

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The performance was good given Huddersfield's current record though good be a lot better and needs to be if we are to pick up from here. We did have a couple of liabilities , Bong & Skalak, both really need to up their game. Dunk had to cover both his and the LB position on far too many occasions. people mention Manu and maybe playing the long ball and how that is easy to cope with, well it depends how well it is done, pace of the attack and the delivery from the back. Elvis certainly has pace & Dunk showed what an excellent passer of the ball he is so perhaps we have 2 of the 3 points.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
We certainly looked better last night than on Saturday. The defence looked a lot better as it looks like Duffy has adapted himself to our style of play and there wasn't that gaping hole in the right side of our defence. Stockdale (of whom I'm NOT the number 1 fan) looked a bit better. Midfield looked pretty solid with Stephens back alongside Beram Kayal. Just the fact that we don't have a number 10 type to complement Hemed. Knockaert was a little wasted there (although he did all that was asked of him) as he's better cutting in from the wing as has been said above. I do wonder if Elvis could be that player - he's certainly bloody quick. Or perhaps Solly when he's 100% fit. Perhaps Saturday WAS just a collective bad day at the office ???

Elvis did well for the time that he was on the pitch, getting a corner when we needed time. Hopefully he will continue to develop.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here