Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Huddersfield (H)

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Stockdale- 6.5- Kicking was a bit better but still looked a bit unsure on some of the crosses

Bruno-8.5- Silky smooth and marked in form La Parra out of the game
Dunk-9-MOTM- Commanding defensive performance and some of his long range passing was superb
Duffy-7-Still looks a bit lumbersome to me at times but good in the air and made some key challenges
Bong-2-Couldn't seem to pass to a teammate, poor at overlapping, very dissapointing

Murphy-6-Some good dribbling but poor decision making and missed a 1 on 1 which he had a lot of time to think about
Kayal-7-Thought he looked more up for it tonight
Stephens-7-Put himself about and did ok passing wise
Skalak-5.5-Tried hard at tracking back but offensively little worked for him

Knockaert-7-Made some mazy runs as you'd expect but his decision making in the final third was poor tonight
Hemed-6- A bit isolated but poor in possession and didn't make good enough forward runs

Subs: Murray-7
Sidwell-6
Manu-N/A

Last edited:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Stockdale 6.5 one poor flap otherwise good
Bruno 8
Bong 3
Dunk 9 MOTM
Duffy 8
Stephens 7
Kayal 7
Skalak 5
Murphy 6
Knockeart 7
Hemed 7

Murray 6
Sidwell 6
Manu 6

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Stockdale - 6 - mixed night. Flapped a little, failed to hold a shot in the first half but grew into the game
Bruno - 7 - assured
Dunk - 9 - absolutely head a shoulders above everyone else
Duffy - 7 - much better tonight
Bong - 3 - on borrowed time. Was better on Saturday but awful tonight. Couldn't pass the ball five yards
Stephens - 6 - subdued, looked off the pace
Kayal - 6 - so frustrating in the final third
Skalak - 4 - did he contribute anything?
Murphy - 6 - should have done better with the best chance of the night
Hemed - 7 - worked hard
Knockaert- 7- marked up for the goal

Murray - 6
Manu - 6
Sidwell - 5

Jimmy Grimble

The bald geezer in midfield for them looked very good. Dominated the middle of the park.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Stockdale - 7- didn't have too much to do but commanding towards the end
Bruno -7- did well and I like how he always wants the ball from DS for the counter
Dunk -9- had a great game , covering for others and got stuck in .
Duffy -6- did well in the air
Bong -2- towards the end of the first half the crowd got on his back and 2nd half he looked short of confidence and didn't want the ball at all
Skalak -5- offered very little
Stephens -6- good to see him back but at times we needed him to step up to win the midfield battle
Kayal -7- looked a bit more of his old self and won quite a few 50/50s
Murphy -6- missed a sitter early on but did well to create the chance for the goal
Knockaert -7- it didn't really work playing him up front . Got the goal and showed his brilliance when he turned them all with 3 of
them round him
Hemed -7- I thought he did well winning the balls in the air

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Stockdale 6 - Not much to do, was strong late on coming for a couple of catches and dangerous whipped ball across the box.

Bruno 7 - Really solid performance from him at right back, love how he brings down the ball when Dunk has pinged it 50 yards across the pitch.
Dunk 8 - MoM For me, very solid all game, won plenty of headers and a true leader.
Duffy 6 - Solid alongside Dunk, However most of his job was done for him, looks decent but still would rather see Goldson back in there.
Bong 3 - Worst left back performance I have seen in a very long time, Seriously pulled the wool over peoples eyes at the start of last season, our weakest link by far and more and more attacks came down the left hand side as the game went on. this has been a problem since sheff wed away in the playoffs.

Skalak 6 - Didnt do much with the ball tonight but put himself about when needed.
Stephans 6 - Did well on the ball, put himself around a bit, will improve in coming weeks.
Kayal 7 - broke up play well, played some nice balls forward, very unlucky with his strike in the first half just going inches wide.
Murphy 6 - Should have done better with his 1 on 1 someone I would pick in that situation. looked to struggle second half, however couldnt push too far forward with Bong playing behind him and failing to make 5 yard passes not sure if he new he was coming or going at times.
Knockers 8 - looked our most dangerous player, some serious bits of skill. that Cruyff turn!!! Spuff. got lucky for the goal but ran and ran until he came off.

Hemed 6 - Started well first half, won a lot of headers and looked strong, faded as always as the game went on, do we ever get more than a decent 60 minutes from him?

Subs

Murray 6 - Scored once he was on the pitch, should have started in my opinion.
Sidwell N/A - Came on to help sure up the midfield, we won 1-0 so did his job.
Manu N/A - Came on to waist some time, could have squared the ball across the box on his one run. did his role.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Stockdale- 6.5- Kicking was a bit better but still looked a bit unsure on some of the crosses

Bruno-8.5- Silky smooth and marked in form La Parra out of the game
Dunk-9-MOTM- Commanding defensive performance and some of his long range passing was superb
Duffy-7-Still looks a bit lumbersome to me at times but good in the air and made some key challenges
Bong-2-Couldn't seem to pass to a teammate, poor at overlapping, very dissapointing

Murphy-6-Some good dribbling but poor decision making and missed a 1 on 1 which he had a lot of time to think about
Kayal-7-Thought he looked more up for it tonight
Stephens-7-Put himself about and did ok passing wise
Skalak-5.5-Tried hard at tracking back but offensively little worked for him

Knockaert-7-Made some mazy runs as you'd expect but his decision making in the final third was poor tonight
Hemed-6- A bit isolated but poor in possession and didn't make good enough forward runs

Subs: Murray-7
Sidwell-6
Manu-N/A

Can't argue with any of that.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Agree with a lot of that above. The piece of skill from Knocky to leave 3 of the Huddersfield players for dust was worth the price of a ticket alone!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Big improvement over Saturday. Huddersfield looked OK, but nothing special. Great to keep a clean sheet and get back to winning ways.

Stockdale 6. Looked a bit uncertain at times in the first half, but much improved in the second and dealt extremely well with some dangerous crosses. Distribution got better as the game wore on.
Bruno 8. After a poor game on Saturday he was back to his best.
Duffy 6. Much better than Saturday, but bring back Goldson.
Dunk 9. Superb. His crossfield passes were consistently right to the man. Strong in defence.
Bong 3. A real weak link. Passing was atrocious; defending so-so. Get the WBA guy match fit and in the team urgently.
Kayal 7. Much better game than Saturday.
Stephens 8. Great to have him back. Clear what we were missing.
Skalak 6. OK.
Murphy 6. OK. Should have done better when one-on-one with the goalie.
Knockaert 7. Some moments of magic, but also some poor decision making. Lucky with the goal. Goalie should have saved the shot.
Hemed 6. OK

Subs
Murray 7. We looked better with him on instead of Hemed, but he didn't see a lot of the ball.
Sidwell 6. OK.
Manu - not on long enough.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stockdale - 7- didn't have too much to do but commanding towards the end
Bruno -7- did well and I like how he always wants the ball from DS for the counter
Dunk -9- had a great game , covering for others and got stuck in .
Duffy -6- did well in the air
Bong -2- towards the end of the first half the crowd got on his back and 2nd half he looked short of confidence and didn't want the ball at all
Skalak -5- offered very little
Stephens -6- good to see him back but at times we needed him to step up to win the midfield battle
Kayal -7- looked a bit more of his old self and won quite a few 50/50s
Murphy -6- missed a sitter early on but did well to create the chance for the goal
Knockaert -7- it didn't really work playing him up front . Got the goal and showed his brilliance when he turned them all with 3 of
them round him
Hemed -7- I thought he did well winning the balls in the air

I agree with all of this.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
What is the issue with Bong?... does he want a trf too?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Stockdale 7 -- good distribution, made a number of saves look comfortable, one bad decision
Bruno 7 -- that's better
Duffy 8 -- really impressed with him tonight, very solid, and played two or three brilliant balls that turned defence into attack
Dunk 8 MotM -- one poor ball, beyond that yet another commanding display
Bong 2 -- I don't recall ever giving anyone such a low rating. Anyone got any news about Pocognoli
Skalak 6 -- meh
Stephens 7.5 -- welcome back; I love the way he uses his physicality
Kayal 7.5 -- the partnership is back together, they really like playing together
Murphy 6.5 -- caused them problems; thought he should have put it the other side with the one-on-one; did well with the goal
Knockaert 7 -- 6 for what he did off the front man; 9 for when switched back to the right, including an extra mark for one of the best dribbles I've seen at the Amex
Hemed 6.5 -- some great touches and hold-up play, and good connection for his effort

Murray 7 -- held it up well
Sidwell -- good substitution
Manu -- I like him; really hope it works out for him

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
I think nocky needs to get on the practice pitch and practice free kicks, he was trying too hard ,both in a few minutes were wasted in the 2nd half straight out of play

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here