Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, a great win and much needed but...........

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
In your opinion, is this the win we needed to jolt us into life for the rest of season or is it just covering up our shortfalls up front?

I am still miffed at not getting another man up front and hope it doesn't come back to haunt us. I think once Stephens settles down with Kayal again and we put in a few wins it could be a different outlook to some of the gloom recently

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
We scored a goal once we'd brought on our best striker. Murray on the pitch always gives us a chance.

As soon as he gets injured however, the team are in more trouble

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Derby signed about 15 strikers and have won one game and scored 3 goals.

We will get going again once we have our confidence back.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
In your opinion, is this the win we needed to jolt us into life for the rest of season or is it just covering up our shortfalls up front?

I am still miffed at not getting another man up front and hope it doesn't come back to haunt us. I think once Stephens settles down with Kayal again and we put in a few wins it could be a different outlook to some of the gloom recently

It could be. Last year, our terrible run of 5 league games without a goal (and 7 since winning) ended with a meh 1-0 win at Blackburn. That was the first of 20 games in which we achieved 45 points and scored 41 goals (with Hemed, Baldock and Wilson as our strike force).

Fortunate with the winner, but Huddersfield haven't won 5 and drawn 1 by being crap. So it's a satisfying result.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This thread arrives before one full of glutinous praise for the immense Lewis Dunk ?

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
We missed out on goal difference last year, we were 8 points? Off the top before today. We need to seriously go on a run AND hope the teams above us screw it up. It's early doors I know but fine margins and all that..

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It's early yet. You need to win games like today when your not playing great against a fairly good side. Doesn't matter how it's done. There will be times this year we click up top and destroy a team or 2 but that doesn't happen every week. Currently today was about 3 points in the bag and now we can concentrate on getting 3 more v Burton hopefully.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
No, it's a dump
Ha ha!

To be honest I would've been pleased with 0-0 tonight prior to kick-off, so I'm happy just to sit back and enjoy the win.

Yeah we might not have loads of strikers but we've got a midfield that has a lot of goals in it to help them out.

Lots of positives tonight, I'd rather focus on them.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
It's early yet. You need to win games like today when your not playing great against a fairly good side. Doesn't matter how it's done. There will be times this year we click up top and destroy a team or 2 but that doesn't happen every week. Currently today was about 3 points in the bag and now we can concentrate on getting 3 more v Burton hopefully.

Agreed. Saturday was quite poor but winning ugly or luckily is also a sign of a good squad. Hopefully we can kick on now that Dale is back and we have Goldson, March and Hunemeier back very soon too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here