Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion facing Liverpool in disguise [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7
David Wagner

/ Andy Naylor, Chief sports reporter

Bruno has warned Albion they are facing Klopp clones at the Amex tonight.
And the skipper says scoring first will be important if they are going to upset Huddersfield's undefeated start to the season.
The Yorkshiremen's head coach David Wagner worked under Liverpool chief Jurgen Klopp at Borussia Dortmund before following him to England.
Bruno said: "You can see Liverpool's way and Huddersfield's way to play football is quite similar.
"They are quite expansive. When they lose the ball they press really, really quick.
"When you play against these sort of teams the most important thing is to score first. If you score they have to take a risk and be even more expansive, so there will be more spaces for us."

A landmark appearance for Albion's popular captain turned into an afternoon to forget at the Amex on Saturday.
The lacklustre 2-0 defeat by Brentford was Bruno's 150th Championship outing for the club since moving from Spain four seasons ago.
The ex-Valencia right-back (below) admitted: "A lot of things went wrong. It wasn't our best performance and we are going to try and sort it out tonight.
5477693.jpg
"Games like that can happen sometimes. Everything is going wrong.
"The team have come through a lot of things, last season, the transfer window, injuries, and I think it's going to take a little bit of time until we are 100 per cent but tonight is a great opportunity for us to put in a good performance against a good team and I think we're ready to do it.
"I think it's the best time to play against them, because after that disappointment on Saturday the team is ready to play as soon as possible.
"When you have got a really good team in front of you and they are on a good run, the motivation is even greater."

[h=4]Promoted stories[/h]

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here