Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Together means us as well

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not great on Saturday by all accounts - I missed a home game for the first time in over a year - but we start with a clean slate again tonight against the division's surprise package.

Would be great if we could back the players with a load of noise like we did against Rotherham. We didn't get that extra striker. We have an unsettled player. That simply means the team need our support more than ever. I reckon they'll respond.

Last season Chris Hughton very much drove the unity that surrounded the club. Wouldn't it be great if the fans could do the same and remind our top players why staying here is a good idea?

Last edited:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Bad day at the office Saturday.

A performance tonight, 3pts and hopefully that will be soon forgotten, 3 points away at Burton and then another convincing performance at home to Barnsley and we will be there or thereabouts come the international break.

A load of rubbish all this talk of the players not being together, it's simply frustration at the level of performance, with results and confidence that will soon change.

Fully expect to see our key partnerships return tonight (Dunk & Goldson, Kayal & Stephens) that in itself will give everyone a lift and normal service resumed.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Hopefully we will start on the front foot and get an early goal to settle everybody's nerves.

We have got the beating of them if we play to our abilities, but they are on top form and it will be tougher than Saturday.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
if we can't get inspired by playing the league leaders who can we get inspired for. i know they're flying but I think it's the prefect game for us tonight, as they're full of confidence I think they'll come onto us and that will suit us and they'll probably start as favourites so the crowd should get behind us as underdogs and we can adopt the bulldog mentality.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Spot on. After Saturday, the team needs a lift. They've lifted us on countless occasions over the past year or so, it's our turn to do so tonight.

We're not entitled a place near the top of the Championship. We have to earn it. And that we includes home crowds.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Absolutely. Very subdued at the stadium on Saturday, we need to give much more than that.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Absolutely. Very subdued at the stadium on Saturday, we need to give much more than that.

Was just about to say exactly the same. We were very subdued indeed on Saturday. Having waited 7 months for a Saturday 3pm home game it turned out to be a hollow experience, and not just the "bad day at the office" on the pitch. We didn't even manage the usual "Al-bi-on" when we conceded, to drown Brentford fans' celebrations. Our fans need to do a lot more tonight. The team is undoubtedly lifted by vocal support and a fired up Amex. CH himself says so every time it happens. Tonight is a huge game. A win and we'll boost confidence enormously. We need to make the Amex a cauldron tonight and do our bit.:albion2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Together means all of you as well. :lol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am Sheffield Massive levels of 'Together' tonight after missing the Brentford debacle on Saturday.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Cannot get to game tonight as working, so good old seagulls player, kicking everyone out of office so I can scream in peace :thumbsup:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I love the fans who think people can't shine a torch AND sing a song 😂

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Very good first half hr tonight - tailed off a bit then got going again towards the end. Huddersfield, like Brentford Saturday were extremely quiet. About one song in first half hour barely audible - Brentford were shocking too especially first half. Our fans really aren't bad at all home and away - always been fairly good :thumbsup:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Fans were great last night.

Quickly responded to a better start from the players and really got behind them.

Some really loud stuff with NS and WSU in unison - and presumably rest of ground joining in too for an almost full force effect.

Love The Amex when we win. Often seems to be something fresh to enjoy about our "new toy" - last night for me it was the deafeningly loud "clap-clap-clap-BRIGH-UN...,!!" chants... Also Knocky's exiting of the stage....

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm only an occasional visitor to the Amex and last night against Huddersfield was my first match of the season. I was in East Lower (1901) and I have to say I was extremely impressed with the North Stand. I know Hudds are top, but they're not one of the big teams that help the atmosphere and we were coming off the back of two defeats. Nevertheless right from the start the North Stand produced a sustained barrage of support, for the first 20 minutes it never stopped - and there was a variety of songs and chants. It seemed to be the whole stand as well.

Usually in these humdrum, bog-standard league games the atmosphere is pretty dire. There would be the odd pocket of muffled chanting coming from a few hardy souls in the North, but everybody else would sit there and wait for something to spark them into life as opposed to trying to support the team from the start. Last night was a very welcome break from, in my experience, the sad norm. It IS the sort of thing that makes you want to attend more regularly. Hopefully last night was the new norm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here