Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Barton Poster

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Pretty sure the dolls thing wasn't a direct reaction to the Boyd thing and was pre planned by all accounts - can't remember what it's supposed to show. Not sticking up for them though as regardless it's a horrible thing to even think of doing and looks horrible. So much stupid religious / political hate over a game of football. Disgrace.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Pretty sure the dolls thing wasn't a direct reaction to the Boyd thing and was pre planned by all accounts - can't remember what it's supposed to show. Not sticking up for them though as regardless it's a horrible thing to even think of doing and looks horrible. So much stupid religious / political hate over a game of football. Disgrace.

Agreed, I don't believe it was aimed at Boyd either, it was just meant to be some sort of highly unpleasant dig at Rangers. However, it's still beyond the realms of acceptability, I would suggest. Plenty of equally contemptible Rangers fans out there too, I'm sure.

Impressed at whichever (presumably Celtic) fan mocked up that Barton poster referred to his previous club as being in the "English lower leagues". That's the Championship, of course, which would be the very most Celtic could ever aspire to in English football.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Waving a Russian flag to mock Leicester fans after one of their own was put in a coma by Russki hoolies was another low point last month. Nice bunch, them Celtic fans.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Have to say I tested the Albion / Palace rivalry recently during a debate about how quiet The Amex can be. The "mixed" group agreed and all I said was "In my opinion the Palace fans are far more vocal and visual than we are ... at home". Don't think many could disagree with that statement, or am I way off the mark? We seem to be so spread out with different groups seemingly having different agendas, whereby they seem almost organised / choreographed.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Despite all that, the new Rangers were dispatched 5-1 by this team. A bad night for the club, I expect better when they come to Glasgow. 20 million or so just to make up the numbers means baby Rangers will be behind financially for a while yet.

Despite Rangers being behind Celtic in terms of finance and quality it does show how far they are behind the top teams.
So what will be better in the return leg 0-5?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Agreed, I don't believe it was aimed at Boyd either, it was just meant to be some sort of highly unpleasant dig at Rangers. However, it's still beyond the realms of acceptability, I would suggest. Plenty of equally contemptible Rangers fans out there too, I'm sure.

Impressed at whichever (presumably Celtic) fan mocked up that Barton poster referred to his previous club as being in the "English lower leagues". That's the Championship, of course, which would be the very most Celtic could ever aspire to in English football.

If Celtic came down to England they would be in the premier league within 3 years.

el punal

After their 7-0 stuffing by Barcelona maybe the Vanarama Conference (or whatever it's called now) would be their level.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Extract:

Barton had vowed to be the best player in Scotland after joining Rangers on a free transfer in January, telling talkSPORT rival players 'won't be able to live with me'.

Would anyone want to live with the delightful Joey?

I wish he had joined them in January. He wouldn't have been able to stamp on Beram then.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A banning order for life and also a charge by the police for outraging public decency should be given.

There's a whole host of charges awaiting the bonehead that came up with that plan.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Don't be so sure. Scudamore has stated the Premier League is for clubs from England and Wales only and that stance will never change. There is very, very little chance of the Auld Firm coming to an English league.

I was speaking hypothetically

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
His autobiography comes out next week and he says he is DISHING the dirt on everyone

No Nonsense reflects Barton’s character – it is candid, challenging, entertaining and intelligent. He does not spare himself, in revealing the formative influences of a tough upbringing in Liverpool, and gives a survivor’s insight into a game which to use his phrase 'eats people alive'. The book is emotionally driven, and explains how he has redirected his energies since the birth of his children. In addition to dealing with his past, he expands on his plans for the future. The millions who follow his commentaries on social media, and those who witnessed him on BBC’s Question Time, will be given another reason to pause, and look beyond the caricature.

Redirecting his energies?
Kayal one of them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here