Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ollie's midweek predictions [Sky Sports News]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ian-holloway-sky-sports-predictions_3766094.jpg
ian-holloway-sky-sports-predictions_3766094.jpg

Ian Holloway is back with his Sky Bet Championship predictions

The Sky Bet Championship returns for a full round of midweek action and Ian Holloway is back with his predictions.
Brighton v Huddersfield (Tuesday, 7.45pm)
I'm going for a Brighton win. They've lost two in a row now and I can't see them losing three. They've got a better squad than last season and Chris Hughton's teams usually fight back.
Huddersfield have been marvellous so far, but the competition is so hard in the Championship and it's very, very difficult to keep on winning. It might carry on but I can't see it. Brighton away after they've been beaten by Brentford is such a tough fixture.*
OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-0 (11/2 with Sky Bet)
Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Brighton and Brentford.

Derby v Ipswich*(Tuesday, 7.45pm)
I thought Ipswich played quite well against Reading at the weekend and I'm going to go for an away win, with Derby's goal curse continuing.
Facing Ipswich at home is an absolute nightmare for Derby, but they've got to try and get that front line scoring goals. The expectations are really high and Nigel Pearson*made some changes at the weekend and it still didn't happen for them.
Mick McCarthy keeps losing his best players but he just grinds things out and keeps going.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 0-1 (9/1 with Sky Bet)*
vurnon-anita-newcastle-united-derby-county-ikechi-anya_3783520.jpg
vurnon-anita-newcastle-united-derby-county-ikechi-anya_3783520.jpg

Newcastle United's Vurnon Anita (left) and Derby County's Ikechi Anya battle for the ball

Fulham v Burton*(Tuesday, 7.45pm)
Fulham have surprised me. I knew their manager was good but I thought they would struggle without Ross McCormack and Moussa Dembele, but how wrong was I? It's very impressive what they're doing, the organisation they've got and the way Slavisa Jokanovic has got them playing, it's exhilarating and exciting.*
Burton have had a fantastic start, their squad is so refreshing but I'm betting against them here, Fulham will be too strong at home.*
OLLIE PREDICTS:*2-1 (15/2 with Sky Bet)
jokanovic-slavisa-fulham_3430211.jpg
jokanovic-slavisa-fulham_3430211.jpg

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic

Leeds v Blackburn*(Tuesday, 7.45pm)
Both teams have had a horrendous start, that's all you can say. I look at Garry Monk at the weekend, Aaron Mooy scored a great winner for Huddersfield against Leeds but he made a horrendous tackle before that and he should have been sent off.
[h=3]Gillette Soccer Special[/h]
September 13, 2016, 7:30pm
Live on
ss1.gif

It was always going to take time, they've lost a lot of good players and it's early days, but boy do Leeds need a win. Blackburn, though, have had a torrid time, so I've gone for a home win.
Leeds need to get the first goal and get themselves going, but that shirt seems awfully heavily for their players at the moment with the expectation of those fans.
OLLIE PREDICTS:*1-0 (11/2 with Sky Bet)
Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between QPR and Blackburn.

Norwich v Wigan*(Tuesday, 7.45pm)
I've gone for Norwich here. I think they will be at the top or at least automatically promoted at the end of the season, and nothing has convinced me that won't be the case.
Wigan have been impressive so far, they got back up again and Will Grigg has been absolutely fantastic. But I reckon Cameron Jerome will score the first goal and Norwich will edge the win.
OLLIE PREDICTS:*2-1 (7/1 with Sky Bet)
will-grigg-wigan_3771366.jpg
will-grigg-wigan_3771366.jpg

Will Grigg has impressed Holloway so far this season

Preston v Cardiff*(Tuesday, 7.45pm)
I can't separate these two. Preston are struggling a little bit just to get the goals, but I don't think they're playing that badly.
I think Cardiff will score first through Anthony Pilkington, who is a fantastic player and should keep banging them in.
OLLIE PREDICTS:*1-1 (9/2 with Sky Bet)
Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Norwich and Cardiff.

QPR v Newcastle*(Tuesday, 7.45pm)
After watching Newcastle on the weekend, it's clear everything is starting to gel for them. I'm going to say they're going to nick it at Loftus Road. It'll be a very close, tough game but Newcastle are starting to learn how to grind things out.*
I think Dwight Gayle will score first. He's such a great finisher and is in a team that should create a lot of chances so I*think he'll score a lot of goals this year.
OLLIE PREDICTS:*1-2 (8/1 with Sky Bet)
dwight-gayle-newcastle_3768817.jpg
dwight-gayle-newcastle_3768817.jpg

Dwight Gayle celebrates scoring for Newcastle

Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City*(Tuesday, 7.45pm)
Bristol City are showing some great spirit this year. I predicted they'd be up in the top 10 and they're showing that kind of form so far.*
I'm going for a draw here, City came back at Rotherham the other day and I thought that was terrific, but I can't separate them. I think Sheffield Wednesday will open the scoring but Bristol City will come back at them.
OLLIE PREDICTS:*1-1 (5/1 with Sky Bet)
Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Rotherham and Bristol City.

Wolves v Barnsley*(Tuesday, 7.45pm)
Wolves have had a decent start under their new manager Walter Zenga and I think they'll have too much for Barnsley.*
Paul Heckingbottom's side have been absolutely outstanding and they had another great result at the weekend by beating Preston. But I can't see them getting anything at Molineux.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 2-1 (15/2 with Sky Bet)
wolves-walter-zenga-championship_3766345.jpg
wolves-walter-zenga-championship_3766345.jpg

Wolves manager Walter Zenga

Reading v Birmingham*(Tuesday, 8pm)
I've gone for a draw. Birmingham had a brilliant result at the weekend in another close game, while Reading had a good win on Friday night.
It's not going to be a high-scoring game, with two good defences and two good managers. I think it'll be a tough encounter and they'll end up cancelling each other out.*
OLLIE PREDICTS:*1-1 (5/1 with Sky Bet)
Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Fulham and Birmingham.

Aston Villa v Brentford (Wednesday, 7.45pm)
I didn't see Brentford's wonderful win at Brighton on Saturday coming. I put them in the relegation zone in my pre-season predictions and I apologise wholeheartedly, they've lost some good players but they've got some good ones in.
What about Scott Hogan's goal at the weekend? He jinked, he twisted and smacked it in the top corner. Unbelievable! So I'm giving another away victory to Brentford. I think it's difficult for Aston Villa to win at home in front of that crowd when you're expected to. Brentford will be a tough nut to crack.
OLLIE PREDICTS:*1-2 (14/1 with Sky Bet)
scott-hogan-brentford_3458142.jpg
scott-hogan-brentford_3458142.jpg

Scott Hogan celebrates scoring for Brentford

Rotherham v Nottingham Forest*(Wednesday, 7.45pm)
I have gone against poor old Rotherham again and I think Nottingham Forest will win. Henri Lansbury got one at the weekend, he's got his hair all plaited and I that's going to get him a second goal in two games!
I predicted Rotherham to finish bottom.*Neil Warnock performed a miracle and didn't want to stay but it's tough for Alan Stubbs because they got promoted twice in a row and when that happens your players are almost maxed out.*
Can they keep going without the financial clout of a bigger club? They've got a belting ground and I hope I'm totally wrong, but they were 2-0 up at the weekend and I think that might affect them after letting in the late equaliser.
OLLIE PREDICTS:*1-2 (17/2 with Sky Bet)
Highlights of Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest from the Sky Bet Championship.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

More...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here