Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you play in goal against Huddersfield?

Who would you play in goal against Huddersfield?

• Stockdale

Votes: 60 46.9%
  • Mäenpää

Votes: 68 53.1%

• Total voters

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I like Stockdale but would drop him for the next game. Maenpaa deserves a run of games.

What is the point in having two good players for every position if you don't drop them after a few bed games?

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Maenpaa for me but CH is likely to stick with Stockdale.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
For the first time ever, as a staunch supporter of DS, I'm ambivalent.

Personally, I'd probably stick with him, but if Maenpaa has been making a strong case in training, now might be the time.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'd go with Maenpaa.

I've nothing against Stockdale, but he hasn't exactly been in peak form lately and it might just give him a kick up the arse if he realises that he is not undroppable. The club made a point of keeping Maenpaa in the Summer in order to push and to compete with Stockdale - now is the time for the actions to match the words, in my view.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Having just watched the highlights, if you feel Stockdale's performance Saturday warrants being dropped then I hope you also feel the same about nearly everyone on the pitch..

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I like Stockdale but would drop him for the next game. Maenpaa deserves a run of games.

I agree. But the time to do it was for the Brentford match. Keep the shirt and all that. Dropping Stockdale now, for no good reason at all, would just create further unrest. Lucky for us that Maenpaa is such a great pro. He'd slot effortlessly into ANY Championship side IMHO. Probably helps that he's an international keeper who will never be short of offers. Keeps the player in the driving seat, rather than the club.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Stockdale looks overweight and has made errors and seems to lack confidence. The Finn should not have lost his place IMO anyway.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Making too many changes at once isn't good. Apart from anything else it looks like panic - even if it isn't. But with the need to bring in Goldson, Stephens, Baldock and probably Skalak too, that's enough changes for one game. Stockdale to stay.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Stockdale looks overweight and has made errors and seems to lack confidence. The Finn should not have lost his place IMO anyway.

I'm not one for dropping Stockers...but I doubt anyone would challenge this (at least perceived) overweight business...something that was widely commented on in his first season....(is the foot injury and lack of preseason the reason for this?) and he is very much a confidence player imho...he seems very quiet on the pitch now..unlike last season..or am I imagining it?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
What is the point in having two good players for every position if you don't drop them after a few bed games?

As I see it, the problem is determining how many bed games players are allowed before they get dropped. Also, if the players playing bed games are both in the same position, aren't you a bit screwed for backups?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here