Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brentford captain Harlee Dean 'embarrassed' after his play-acting at Brighton

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Brentford captain Harlee Dean admitted that his play-acting in the 2-0 win over Brighton was 'embarrassing' for him.

The centre back went down theatrically after Tomer Hemed ran into him just before the break and resulted in the Seagulls striker being booked.

Dean doesn't know why he did it but he expressed regret after the game and is not something he intends to repeat.

He said: “It's modern-day football. I had an incident in the first half with Hemed when I went down. It was embarrassing for me, falling on the floor as a six foot three centre half.

“That is the way the game is played now and I'm disappointed in myself but it's something that's got to go out of the game. I don't know why I did it.”

MORE > http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...ford-captain-harlee-dean-embarrassed-11873786

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Nicely put, to be fair we were so sh!t Saturday we deserved every goal we let in and booking we had (except poor Elvis for the nailed on pen)

its all just a bit..... Meh

Admitted to contact on Elvis, but thought he went down 'easily'

Dean was also involved in an incident where Elvis Manu was booked for diving and he believes that, while there was contact, the Seagulls man was too quick to go down.

He explained: “I think it could have gone either way. He made it a bit theatrical. There wasn't contact in the feet but I put an arm into his chest.

“He could have stayed up and if he could get the ball he would have so he's tried to con the ref and I think he made the right decision.”

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Brentford captain Harlee Dean admitted that his play-acting in the 2-0 win over Brighton was 'embarrassing' for him.

The centre back went down theatrically after Tomer Hemed ran into him just before the break and resulted in the Seagulls striker being booked.

Dean doesn't know why he did it but he expressed regret after the game and is not something he intends to repeat.

He said: “It's modern-day football. I had an incident in the first half with Hemed when I went down. It was embarrassing for me, falling on the floor as a six foot three centre half.

“That is the way the game is played now and I'm disappointed in myself but it's something that's got to go out of the game. I don't know why I did it.”

MORE > http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...ford-captain-harlee-dean-embarrassed-11873786

Could this admission get the yellow rescinded.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nicely put, to be fair we were so sh!t Saturday we deserved every goal we let in and booking we had (except poor Elvis for the nailed on pen)

Was it actually in the box? Looked just outside to me (But I could easily be wrong)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Was it actually in the box? Looked just outside to me (But I could easily be wrong)

I was level with the penalty box on that side and had a good view to be able to say it was just outside the box.

I also agree with the Brentford guy, had he been able to get the ball he would not have gone down. A grown man should not be knocked over by a brush of the arm.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Stephens booking was a bit soft....looked like just outside the box re Elvis and a ridiculous booking by a bit of a look at me ref

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Good for him to admit it. All players do it, including our own. If they got book for it on replays after the game maybe it will stop. We lost because Brentford were better then us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It was outside the box so wouldn't have been a penalty, but a free kick. There was contact, which looked like a push.

Good for him to admit it. All players do it, including our own. If they got book for it on replays after the game maybe it will stop. We lost because Brentford were better then us.

It's not good of him to admit it. I watched the replays on the concourse, and you can see Hemed push him in the chest. He goes down clutching his face. It's so obvious, it makes him look stupid.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I was level with the penalty box on that side and had a good view to be able to say it was just outside the box.

I agree from the NS no way in the box but have the rules changed so that if a player "dives" a free kick is awarded ? If not then the ref gave a foul against Elvis so he must have been booked for the foul and not the "dive".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here