Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would be needed for Hughton's job to be at risk?

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Yes, yes, I know how these threads go. 25 people going mental and abuse at the 'ridiculous' discussion of sacking Hughton and totally missing the point, before someone actually answers the question. But anyway...

The squad hasn't been assembled cheap. We've smashed our transfer record on Duffy. We've got a proper goalscorer in Murray up top. And all on top of the business we did in January.

Yet we're currently 13th. 8 points off the leaders, 3 off the play-offs, 4 off the relegation zone.. Not a great start but it's very early days and we've already played probably 2 of our hardest away fixtures. However, assuming we get beat by Huddersfield on Tuesday, suddenly things aren't looking quite so rosey for us going into an away game at Burton (who currently have the same amount of points as us).

How bad would results have to get for Bloom to be considering giving Hughton the chop? Would he accept us to float about in mid table and use January to invest in a play-off push? What if we hover in 16th/17th? Would Bloom be ok with it, trusting Hughton to work it out because he did so well last year? Or would he get rid? I just wonder, after the relative success of last season, what pressure there is on Hughton to be a success this time around.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
If memory serves he didn't axe Hyppia when we were flirting with the bottom three so I can't see him axing CH unless things get very bad and are still that way in the closing months of the season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If memory serves he didn't axe Hyppia when we were flirting with the bottom three so I can't see him axing CH unless things get very bad and are still that way in the closing months of the season.

Bloom didn't axe Hyppia. The fans were screaming for him to be sacked even when we dropped into the relegation zone, but Hyppia resigned.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do you know what ( to use a very modern annoying expression)

I really don't even want to think about it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With the transfer window only due in January and no loans permitted I think that if we were in relegation trouble in December TB would have to reluctantly look at the options as relegation would be totally unacceptable to him and his finances. It would certainly be no sooner than that.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
If indeed the aim is top two I think if we are lower mid table in December he might consider it, not that I think he should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
On NSC? Three losses on the trot. I'm surprised there isn't a "Hughton OUT!' thread already

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If indeed the aim is top two I think if we are lower mid table in December he might consider it, not that I think he should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On what I've seen of us and other teams so far I fear top two is out of reach already......it's a striker thing

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
First home defeat at home in 9 months and sack the Manager threads get started. WOW

Brighton will be in the top 6 come the end of the season, so it won't come to that and I think TB would trust CH with his transfer money than most managers

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
First home defeat at home in 9 months and sack the Manager threads get started. WOW

Brighton will be in the top 6 come the end of the season, so it won't come to that and I think TB would trust CH with his transfer money than most managers

We have fans who like to post on an internet forum, talk loudly in pubs, or on trains. Don't take any notice.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

It is quite unbelievable! I am sure people can't wait for us to lose so they can post this drivel! Anyway, lets smash Huddersfield on Tuesday!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here