Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Taylor Bristol Rovers

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Lots of rovers fans I've spoken to love him but are open about the fact that he needs 4 or 5 chances to get a goal. Fine at that level but would be surprised if he was championship material. Hogan isn't that much of a surprise, he was being linked with premier league clubs recently in the transfer window.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have four months to rue not having enough quality and pace up front, not that I think a League Two striker would have been likely to improve us.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
We have four months to rue not having enough quality and pace up front, not that I think a League Two striker would have been likely to improve us.

That's what people said about Christiano Ronaldo when he started out in league two with Grimsby Town. Look how that one panned out.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That's what people said about Christiano Ronaldo when he started out in league two with Grimsby Town. Look how that one panned out.

Look how Baldock and CMS panned out and they were both top scorers in League One. Really pleased the club didn't go down that road again for a marquee signing this season.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Look how Baldock and CMS panned out and they were both top scorers in League One. Really pleased the club didn't go down that road again for a marquee signing this season.

Ronaldo........at Grimsby......:lolol:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
There was a long chat on the Football League show about Grimsby's Omar Bogle and how he turned down a move to a big club but wanted to remain at Grimsby, working his way up the football league. What a refreshing attitude rather than joining a mediocre Premier League side, get loaned out and earning over-the-top wages. Certainly one to keep an eye on.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex

CMS had to work his butt off up front on his own. Under Hughton he'd have got a lot more goals. Quicker back to front and a strike partner.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Matt Taylor is not the forward we're looking for. I can assure you of that.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
CMS had to work his butt off up front on his own. Under Hughton he'd have got a lot more goals. Quicker back to front and a strike partner.

I think that is fair comment tbh. He got worse the longer he was here but did start out ok

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Of course you can't sign quality strikers from the lower divisions. NSC is the fount of all wisdom of course. Callum Wilson, Andre Gray, Jamie Vardy. All shit and useless.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Of course you can't sign quality strikers from the lower divisions. NSC is the fount of all wisdom of course. Callum Wilson, Andre Gray, Jamie Vardy. All shit and useless.

I think the point is that the Albion can't find them not that they are not out there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here