Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simon Hooper

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Game all about him again :tosser:

Steve Claridge was saying that the way he sent off Pereira for committing a second bookable offence, of celebrating with the Forest fans was a joke. Football is all about passion isnt't it? He should of applied a bit of common sense. So sadly lacking in many referees in the EFL though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Steve Claridge was saying that the way he sent off Pereira for committing a second bookable offence, of celebrating with the Forest fans was a joke. Football is all about passion isnt't it? He should of applied a bit of common sense. So sadly lacking in many referees in the EFL though.

Do the PGMO allow for common sense?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

It was interesting he allowed the over head kick to stand this time but 9 yellows and 1 red was about par for him

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

It is a standard yellow card and while you can say it was not common sense, at least you can say he is consistent in applying the yellow in this situation. He would also be aware that he would be marked down if he didn't.

You may recall one of the classics from the Withdean era, when we lost at home to 9 man Walsall, where one of the sendings off was for celebrating with the away fans in the east stand which meant leaving the pitch running over the track and then celebrating. It is nothing new and the Forest player should have been aware.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It is a standard yellow card and while you can say it was not common sense, at least you can say he is consistent in applying the yellow in this situation. He would also be aware that he would be marked down if he didn't.

You may recall one of the classics from the Withdean era, when we lost at home to 9 man Walsall, where one of the sendings off was for celebrating with the away fans in the east stand which meant leaving the pitch running over the track and then celebrating. It is nothing new and the Forest player should have been aware.

Yes you are right in much of what you say, and yes again, he should have been aware that he was taking a risk in over celebrating. but in the midst of the excitement, with his team mate saving the game with a wonder goal, does your brain act rationally?

I repeat, football is a passionate game, and if you lose that passion from it, would it be as watchable? I have seen far worse things go unpunished than celebrating with your team's fans.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Must have your games mixed up. When Walsall scored in that game, they were already down to nine men. Fairly sure they were both straight reds for bad challenges.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
It was a yellow card offence. It's not the referees who make the rules; they're just supposed to apply them and he did.

Stupid of the player anyway. He was the only one to run in to the supporters, already on a yellow, while his team mates celebrated at the side of the pitch

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Its a mans game and is really putting me off football, risen from my sickbed to write this
there are the rules and then there are the refs rules
stick to the rule book and you won't go far wrong

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Its a mans game and is really putting me off football, risen from my sickbed to write this
there are the rules and then there are the refs rules
stick to the rule book and you won't go far wrong
Which rule book though?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If one of our players gets booked for taking his shirt off I hope CH would fine him as it is an unnecessary card that they know they are going to get, so should be disciplined enough to not do it even in the excitement of scoring a goal.

Jul 7, 2003
I thought it was the Gillingham game, he scored in the last min and then sent off for celebrating lol

One of my favourite Withdean comedy moments. It was such a long run from the penalty area to where the away fans were in that corner. The ref then let him come all the back onto the pitch before giving him the card and then letting him have the long walk back to a different corner of Withdean.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
One of my favourite Withdean comedy moments. It was such a long run from the penalty area to where the away fans were in that corner. The ref then let him come all the back onto the pitch before giving him the card and then letting him have the long walk back to a different corner of Withdean.

It was brilliant.

Still can see his face.

It was when the away fans where in that shitty away end in the corner

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here