Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well Done Southern!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Along with Mrs. Cowfold, I attended a family wedding down in Dorset on Friday, and although the nuptials took place at lunchtime, and the first part of the reception in the afternoon and evening, the celebrations were due to last all weekend.

With that in mind, and with yesterday's game fast approaching, I decided to bail out at the crack of dawn yesterday, in the hope of making the game by public transport.

After catching a taxi to Poole Station I boarded the 07.41 South West Trains service to Southampton, where I connected with the 08.32 Southern train to Brighton.

With all the ongoing shenanigans surrounding Southern I was more than apprehensive, and severely doubted that the 08.32 would run. But run it most certainly did, keeping to time at every station stop, (of which there were many), and arriving in Brighton bang on schedule at 11.18

I did notice though, that the train, which was due to depart again for West Worthing some 20 minutes later, was cancelled due to shortage of train crew. Obviously the problem has far from gone away!

Was I just lucky do you think?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well done Southern ... You cock juggling thunder*****...
I hope the franchise is taken away from you sooner rather than later, although, alas, I'm not holding my breath, what with this cock juggling thunder**** of a Government.

There, fixed it for you :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Along with Mrs. Cowfold, I attended a family wedding down in Dorset on Friday, and although the nuptials took place at lunchtime, and the first part of the reception in the afternoon and evening, the celebrations were due to last all weekend.

With that in mind, and with yesterday's game fast approaching, I decided to bail out at the crack of dawn yesterday, in the hope of making the game by public transport.

After catching a taxi to Poole Station I boarded the 07.41 South West Trains service to Southampton, where I connected with the 08.32 Southern train to Brighton.

With all the ongoing shenanigans surrounding Southern I was more than apprehensive, and severely doubted that the 08.32 would run. But run it most certainly did, keeping to time at every station stop, (of which there were many), and arriving in Brighton bang on schedule at 11.18

I did notice though, that the train, which was due to depart again for West Worthing some 20 minutes later, was cancelled due to shortage of train crew. Obviously the problem has far from gone away!

d7dfe614383509199e42f05d43e97693e801b494f4a43d3525375d4912367571.jpg

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

With luck like that, I hope you played the Lottery last night!

A call to the Guinness Book of Records might be in order too.

el punal

I, too, caught the train from Southampton - the 10.32 to God's country. It was on time and arrived on time and I had my customary three cans of Guinness. No problem.

After the game however, all turned to ratshit. No trains past Chichester, trains cancelled right left and centre, staff shortages, outbreaks of bubonic plague, you name it! So with no fanny-ing about, caught the first train out of Brighton to Clapham Junction, from there South West train to Basingstoke, then Cross Country train to Southampton arriving 20 minutes later than the regular Brighton - Southampton service.

So up yours SASTA, with your £100 million profits and £20 million tax payers subsidy!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I, too, caught the train from Southampton - the 10.32 to God's country. It was on time and arrived on time and I had my customary three cans of Guinness. No problem.

After the game however, all turned to ratshit. No trains past Chichester, trains cancelled right left and centre, staff shortages, outbreaks of bubonic plague, you name it! So with no fanny-ing about, caught the first train out of Brighton to Clapham Junction, from there South West train to Basingstoke, then Cross Country train to Southampton arriving 20 minutes later than the regular Brighton - Southampton service.

So up yours SASTA, with your £100 million profits and £20 million tax payers subsidy!

All the problems seem to have been westbound then. I too wrestled with the idea of going the long way around, (via Clapham Jct), but a single ticket was about £20 more expensive.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Not really. After all that effort you deserved better than yesterday's performance.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
All the problems seem to have been westbound then. I too wrestled with the idea of going the long way around, (via Clapham Jct), but a single ticket was about £20 more expensive.

There were plenty of problems eastbound too yesterday. The delayed train after the game I subsequently caught after changing at Eastbourne heading east, standing like sardines the whole way was SASTA at it's absolute finest.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here