Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you leave games early?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What never?

I can recall four

Once when we were 3-0 at Selhurst. No not THAT game, that would have been another but they wouldn't let us out!

3-0 down at Derby in the play off semi final second leg

Once when I had a plane to catch - Wrexham (I think) in a cup game at the Amex

Sheffield Weds at the Amex. Can't remember why I left early but we were 1-0 down. I got to the car in Bennet's Field as we scored a late late equaliser and then got stuck in the car park for over an hour anyway.

I'm sure there were probably others but I am one of those mugs who always think that we might turn it around so hang in to the bitter end.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
A poll would give a good indicator.

I never leave games early unless it's for the last train at some dump like Wolverhampton.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A poll would give a good indicator.

I never leave games early unless it's for the last train at some dump like Wolverhampton.

I don't believe that there is a single long term fan who hasn't. I wait to be proved wrong.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Only yesterday against Brentford. On the 70th minute...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I can remember twice, last game of the season v stoke I think when we were losing by lots and away to west ham in the cup a few seasons ago but that was mainly because we were in the home end.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I can remember twice, last game of the season v stoke I think when we were losing by lots and away to west ham in the cup a few seasons ago but that was mainly because we were in the home end.

It's a fine line when you're undercover in the home end between seeing it through and blowing your cover. You made the right choice Agent Gazwag.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Yesterday just after the 80th minute and a home game against Derby a while back. I normally sit it out til the bitter end though

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yes. Often. If the game is dead (2 or 3 goal margin either way) I leave WSU on about 85 minutes to give myself half a chance of not spending over an hour waiting to get on a P&R bus. I never early though if there is only 1 goal in it.

For an evening game making the 2145 train or missing it can sometimes mean getting back to Shoreham nearly an hour later.

But in the northern end of ESL so if positioned well and there's not excessive injury time we can normally peg it to the station and make it.

Only other non friendly / development squad game I've left early was West Ham away 3 or 4 seasons ago. Think they scored 6 and run out of bubbles.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Never. The spark of hope is never dead in me until the final whistle. Mind you, if not waiting around to applaud the boys off the pitch counts as leaving early, then yesterday yes I did. It's very rare I do that, even if they have been a little bit rubbish I still applaud them, but not yesterday. Oh, no. And just to underline the misery of the afternoon, spent the next 30 minutes or so stood in the pissing rain waiting for my bus. Still, as another poster said, the sun is coming out on Tuesday, so things can only get better.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
In related news, has anyone chosen their Amex seat based on proximity to either the train station or car park with a view to getting a head start in the post match dash? My mate and I wear both wear Asics GT-1000 trainers to games and down a couple of energy bars as full time approaches, plus we've both got razor sharp elbows, which also helps.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
YES, although yesterday stayed till bitter end as Stadium half empty by then.....Deff less busy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here