Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

#Alone

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Very very disappointing to see hundreds of fans leave on the 70th (seventieth) minute when Brentford scored their second. In the East especially, scores of Dads taking their kids towards the exit - what sort of parenting is that? Club should take details and pass onto Social Services to take them into care.

In the words of Klopp, the mentality of British fans needs changing. We are there to do a job. Not sit there like a TV audience. What sort of signal does it send to the players when with 25minutes to go thousands of fans have given up (and don't bother with all the sarchy replies about players gave up long before, that's garbage). Nope it's embarassing and disloyal. Makes a mockery of the clubs mantra.

So should we change it to #alone? On the evidence of yesterday, it would be far more appropriate sadly. Sort yourself out if you were one of those tantrum throwing early leavers and get back in your seat next time. Queue loads of 'I've paid my money, I can do what I want' replies (which is entirely the mentality Klopp was on about needs changing!)

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Very very disappointing to see hundreds of fans leave on the 70th (seventieth) minute when Brentford scored their second. In the East especially, scores of Dads taking their kids towards the exit - what sort of parenting is that? Club should take details and pass onto Social Services to take them into care.

In the words of Klopp, the mentality of British fans needs changing. We are there to do a job. Not sit there like a TV audience. What sort of signal does it send to the players when with 25minutes to go thousands of fans have given up (and don't bother with all the sarchy replies about players gave up long before, that's garbage). Nope it's embarassing and disloyal. Makes a mockery of the clubs mantra.

So should we change it to #alone? On the evidence of yesterday, it would be far more appropriate sadly. Sort yourself out if you were one of those tantrum throwing early leavers and get back in your seat next time. Queue loads of 'I've paid my money, I can do what I want' replies (which is entirely the mentality Klopp was on about needs changing!)

Totally agree! :thumbsup:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

To an extent I agree with you. But the people who left early won't care two straws what you or I or anyone think. They'll do as they like.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We do not have 24000 diehard fans, we have maybe 6000. The other 18000 go to be entertained, when they're not they **** off and get on with doing something different. The football from the Albion was rubbish yesterday so fans decided to leave early and avoid the rush at the end. It probably backfired as so many left early.

It was still bloody busy an hour after the final whistle though, I blame the rain.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We do not have 24000 diehard fans, we have maybe 6000. The other 18000 go to be entertained, when they're not they **** off and get on with doing something different. The football from the Albion was rubbish yesterday so fans decided to leave early and avoid the rush at the end. It probably backfired as so many left early.

It was still bloody busy an hour after the final whistle.
There were more than 6000 fans at the end. Many many more. Probably 18000. No need to overdramatise.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I commented on fans leaving early in a game a while ago.
A few curt comments came back saying WTF has it got to do with me.
Anyway just do what feels right :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There were more than 6000 fans at the end. Many many more. Probably 18000. No need to overdramatise.

I was not suggesting that only 6000 were left only that I reckon that what the hard core is, although rereading my post it may be interpreted as you have. My point is that plenty of fans will leave early if they aren't being entertained.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I was watching Arsenal on Match Of The Day and the number of seats empty at 1-1 with five minutes remaining was staggering. How I laughed when Arsenal scored a last minute penalty to win it 2-1. Serves them right!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
To an extent I agree with you. But the people who left early won't care two straws what you or I or anyone think. They'll do as they like.

True, I just wish people could see the error of their ways. We're not talking about 85th minute rush for the buses. We're talking when there's a quarter of the game or more left to play!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I was watching Arsenal on Match Of The Day and the number of seats empty at 1-1 with five minutes remaining was staggering. How I laughed when Arsenal scored a last minute penalty to win it 2-1. Serves them right!

Brilliant! It's just so weird seeing so many early leavers, it was nothing to do with needing to get away for another reason other than people 'gave up' when they got their second with still 25minutes (TWENTY FIVE..) left to play

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
In the present climate with the trains, I don't think you can blame anyone wanting to get away early with their children or without children and make sure they get a train. It's very hot and miss with the trains.

Kind Regards
Steve

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
True, I just wish people could see the error of their ways. We're not talking about 85th minute rush for the buses. We're talking when there's a quarter of the game or more left to play!

Since some of our players didn't turn up at all, can't blame people for leaving early. I stayed to the bitter end btw.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

If we are here to do a job then maybe we should get paid instead of getting fleeced.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

It was still bloody busy an hour after the final whistle though, I blame the rain.

Those 6,000 are mostly from the Withdean era. Sure, there's a lot of young Albion fans who are very passionate and insist on staying until the end. When I was young the thought of leaving early horrified me "But we might miss a goal, Dad".

A generation was lost over that period replaced by middle-class people who just see football as fashionable now. :down:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
In the present climate with the trains, I don't think you can blame anyone wanting to get away early with their children or without children and make sure they get a train. It's very hot and miss with the trains.

Kind Regards
Steve

But it wasn't anything to do with trains. It's was clearly giving up with TWENTY FIVE minutes to go. Think about what you're telling your children with that attitude. Maybe they're all 'pizza express' divorced dads trying to provide an endless stream of every other weekend entertainment and needed to get away early to get to Thorpe Park before it closed at 8...? FFS, no, just sort yourself out if you gave up with TWENTY FIVE minutes left to play.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Since some of our players didn't turn up at all, can't blame people for leaving early. I stayed to the bitter end btw.

Poor Postman Pat, I said no sarchy replies about players not turning up! 4/10, see me (in red pen) :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If we are here to do a job then maybe we should get paid instead of getting fleeced.

£35 for yesterday was a bargain and don't you try and argue otherwise Mr Justice! :)

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I always stay 'til the end but I'm not fussed when people leave early if the team play badly. I find it far more difficult to understand why some still clap them off after such a poor performance.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

Kind Regards
Steve

Very hot? Or very wet? Well it seems to be one of the two at the moment. :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here