Team For Tuesday

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Dunk
Kayal
Stephens
Knockaert

After that I don't know, not sure how much I care right now. Hoping what I've been seeing is a blip, but more likely we're in for a rough time

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
This is more than names on a team sheet. We need a change of formation because the 442 is not working at the moment. I'd go for a 41221 with Norwood as the holding midfielder with the key role of protecting the fullbacks.

Stock
Bruno. Goldson. Dunk. Bong (or wba man)
Norwood
Kayal. Stephens
Knock. Skalak
Murray

This would certainly be a formidable lineup.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think injuries will mean my ideal starting 11 will not happen but we need Stephens back in & we need to change the Hemed-Murray partnership. Murphy & Bong did not do enough to keep their places. Bruno needs someone positioning him and Goldson is the man to do it. In addition, we need a bright spark to return. Here is the team:

------------Stockdale-----------

Bruno-Goldson--Dunk-Pocognoli

-------Kayal---Stephens-------

March------------------LuaLua

-----------Knockaert------------

-------------Murray-------------

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think injuries will mean my ideal starting 11 will not happen but we need Stephens back in & we need to change the Hemed-Murray partnership. Murphy & Bong did not do enough to keep their places. Bruno needs someone positioning him and Goldson is the man to do it. In addition, we need a bright spark to return. Here is the team:

------------Stockdale-----------

Bruno-Goldson--Dunk-Pocognoli

-------Kayal---Stephens-------

March------------------LuaLua

-----------Knockaert------------

-------------Murray-------------

LuaLua has a knee injury.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
This is more than names on a team sheet. We need a change of formation because the 442 is not working at the moment. I'd go for a 41221 with Norwood as the holding midfielder with the key role of protecting the fullbacks.

Stock
Bruno. Goldson. Dunk. Bong (or wba man)
Norwood
Kayal. Stephens
Knock. Skalak
Murray

This would certainly be a formidable lineup.

I would go with that formation as can be made to work because of the mobility of AK. We were certainly a little overrun in midfield yesterday. Would probably have Murphy rather than Skalak though.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Easy. Just play the same team that tore the league a new one in the second half of last season, but with Bong for Rosenior, out of necessity.

Stockdale
Bruno
Dunk
Goldson
Bong
Skalak
Stephens
Kayal
Knockaert
Baldock
Hemed

That gives us back the 3 key central partnerships that we've not seen together since April.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Will never happen but that's the team I would go for too - possibly giving Murphy another go instead of Skalak.

I actually thought Murphy wasn't too bad yesterday contrary to others, but due to his lack of starts he might not have the match fitness/sharpness to start 2 games in 4 days.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Other than his headed clearance off the line, Knocky offered nothing defensively yesterday. Bruno was badly exposed, and having a poor AWOL day himself, it was pretty obvious chances and goals would come down that flank.

So, I would start Murhpy, Kayal, Stephens and Skalak in midfield, and play Knocky in the number 10 hole where he doesn't have to worry about tracking back, and can also win free kicks in dangerous areas. Not sure who between Murray and Hemed, they were both way out of touch yesterday.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot believe the criticism opf Bong yesterday so my team would be;

Stockdale?
Bruno...Goldson...Dunk...Bong
Knockaert...Stephens ....Kayal...Murphy
Baldock....Murray,​

We have no obvious replacement for Bruno so he must get a chance to redeem him self the only possible solution is Goldson at right back where he has played but failing that I would replace Duffy with Goldson. Stockdale although not at his best hasnt made the mistakes to be replaced. so he has anther chance to show his form of last season.

I think the biggest fact is CH needs to lay intio them pointing out the faults and also to lift them for Tjuesday. All is not lost YET.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I actually thought Murphy wasn't too bad yesterday contrary to others, but due to his lack of starts he might not have the match fitness/sharpness to start 2 games in 4 days.

I thought he offered more in the first 20 minutes from open play than Skalak tends to do in a match (certainly from an attacking perspective). That said, you could well be right re: fitness and maybe worth him being in the bench as he is a potential game-changer should we need one.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Changes are need, but wholesale changes would be too drastic. Fortunately, CH has a degree of caution, so won't be panicked into going mad with the changes. Goldso (assuming he's fit), Stephens and Baldock are the three that need to be brought in, so my team would look like this:

Stockdale (arguments may be made to change him, but keeps his place to avoid making too many changes at once).

Bruno
Goldson (time to re-establish last season's CB partnership; better than Duffy anyway)
Dunk
Bong (see reasoning behind not dropping Stockers - same applies here).

Knockaert
Stephens (must be started alongside Kayal!)
Kayal
Skalak

Baldock (had a successful partnership with Hemed last season; we got in Murray as a Zamora replacement/better Hemed, so need to give the Baldock/Murray pairing a chance to work. Isnt Newcastle away the only time they've started together? - and that didn't last long!)
Murray

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
For Tuesday, Baldock has to Start, with Hemed. Murray on the bench. Goldson in for Duffy, Stephens in for Norwood, and I'd bring in Skalak for Murphy. Let's get back to normality.
We had a rough patch last year when we missed Rosenior Baldock and Hünemaiaer. Pretty similar this year. Let's hope the wobble is now and things go back to normal from here.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
2 really poor performances in this calender year IMO. Rotherham away and yesterday, so many people wetting the bed is beyond belief.

2 key changes and that's the return of key combinations and all will be fine. Goldson and Stephens for Duffy and Norwood.

Too many players had an off day yesterday, these things happen, suspect we will bounce back and what a great opportunity to put things right quickly and against the league leaders.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Maenpaa
Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Pocognoli
Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
Skalak