Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time to hand the captaincy to Kayal?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I love Bruno, I really do and he's a very special player but I don't think that he's a particularly effective captain especially today when we needed someone to bash heads, rouse the troops and negotiate forcefully with the ref. He may not have been the most skilful player but I think Greer was a bloody good captain and his style of leadership might have made a difference.

I'd like to see Kayal or even Dunk given the role, it might help to mix things up a bit. Admittedly, I've had a few to drink but what's the general consensus?

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I love Bruno, I really do and he's a very special player but I don't think that he's a particularly effective captain especially today when we needed someone to bash heads, rouse the troops and negotiate forcefully with the ref. He may not have been the most skilful player but I think Greer was a bloody good captain and his style of leadership might have made a difference.

I'd like to see Kayal or even Dunk given the role, it might help to mix things up a bit. Admittedly, I've had a few to drink but what's the general consensus?
Bruno had a dreadful game, but so did they all (mostly). Probably a bit of a knee jerk reaction to give him the boot, though.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The role of a football captain is an interesting question. I've always wondered whether it's a particularly important job. Certainly less influential than a cricket captain. Basis that I wouldn't make a change although many more performances like today's and Bruno might struggle to keep his place.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

No. Although age and fitness might be catching up on him, and he may not play all the matches this season, there is no reason why he shouldn't remain captain for the season, as appointed. That's how it was with Greer last season, and seems to me to be a perfectly good way of doing things.
When he doesn't play, of course, someone else will have to captain the team for the day. No problem - CH can try a few - Dunk, Goldson (he has experience of captaincy at his previous club), Kayal, or even - a bit of a left field this, but might work - Stephens.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
First up, no, it would be totally unjust to strip Bruno of the captaincy 6 games in.

Secondly, there is no contest between Dunk and Kayal. Local lad, just signed a five year deal vs someone who has not signed a new contract and is playing poorly. I'm not even sure if kayal will keep his place on Tuesday.

All in all, I'd put this thread down to the ales

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unfortunately the man who could replace Bruno both as right back and captain is out injured Liam Rosenior. Kayal needs Stephens back to get the best out iof him and Dunk has to concxentrate on his own job and performance without the burden of being captain.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Well with 'time' in this regard being a little over a month and a bit I'm going to say absolutely not you glorious fool.

Aside from The Oaf telling me he loved me, that's the nicest thing I've been called today! I think I've got off lightly with this thread.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sorry OP. But this is ridiculous, Bruno stood in for Greer last year and I don't re all anything being wrong then.

Kayal was hopeless today and was owned by the Brentford player (who played very well).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
This is Kayal who speaks shit English, won't sign a new contract and who rumour has it isn't actually a great influence, which is why Celtic binned him off? Yeah let's ****ing make him captain quick

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sorry OP. But this is ridiculous, Bruno stood in for Greer last year and I don't re all anything being wrong then.

Kayal was hopeless today and was owned by the Brentford player (who played very well).

Easy when winning not when losing. Two games on the trot now...I agree in part with the OP. Dunk not Beram tho.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is Kayal who speaks shit English, won't sign a new contract and who rumour has it isn't actually a great influence, which is why Celtic binned him off? Yeah let's ****ing make him captain quick

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Chris Hughton said, on Friday, that negotiations are still ongoing with Kayal , so it isn't that he won't sign.

Fwiw, I think the captaincy should stay with Bruno.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's only one next captain in the squad and that is Lewis Dunk.

Bruno is the current captain and rightly so after last season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Easy when winning not when losing. Two games on the trot now...I agree in part with the OP. Dunk not Beram tho.

Though Dunk, whilst beginning to turn into a defensive rock again, is arguably the worst communicator in the team. He rarely talks and whilst the argument regarding leading by example is a good one, you really need to 'talk' when you lead. See Brian Horton, Gordon Greer.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Not sure anyone would have had any joy 'negotiating' with that turnip of a referee

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here