Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To be fair

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
We didn't get the rub of the green today - umpteen times the ball bounced away from us in their box.

Season not over, hardly started...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
To be fair, we were shite today and got we deserved ......... Is the correct answer!
We were awful from the first minute to the last. In 96 minutes football there were one of two moments of good action by our players - mainly Dunk and Knocky - but overall it was a very, very poor performance.

Obviously the players have not become crap, or past it, all of a sudden and neither will effort or 'tactics' have been the issue.

All about confidence and getting the passing game and individual touches working at high speed under pressure. Brentford scored with their first shot on goal and then it turned out to be "one of those days".

Every chance that we will outplay top of the table Huddersfield on Tuesday.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We were awful from the first minute to the last. In 96 minutes football there were one of two moments of good action by our players - mainly Dunk and Knocky - but overall it was a very, very poor performance.

Obviously the players have not become crap, or past it, all of a sudden and neither will effort or 'tactics' have been the issue.

All about confidence and getting the passing game and individual touches working at high speed under pressure. Brentford scored with their first shot on goal and then it turned out to be "one of those days".

Every chance that we will outplay top of the table Huddersfield on Tuesday.

This. Bad day at the office. That's all.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This. Bad day at the office. That's all.

Very true. Although since Burnley's last minute equaliser, it does seem as if everything - every little fifty-fifty that could go either way sort of thing - that can go wrong has gone wrong! Roll on Tuesday!

D

Deleted member 22389

One of the worst games I have seen us play at the Amex. We didn't deserve a thing yesterday. The only pluses, it's the start of the season, our players are not shit, we have the defender on loan to come in and Solly March is coming back.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I'm not one for knee jerk reactions. We still have a lot of good players and will do ok this year. But there are a few things we can conclude from the season so far:
1. Hemed and Murray playing together doesn't seem to work. You need some pace up top.
2. We miss Baldock when he doesn't play. Because he stretches defences and works incredibly hard.
3. Goldson deserves his place back now he is fit. His performances last year were a big part of our consistency.
4. Kayak is twice the player with Stephens alongside him.
5. The new players (Norwood, Duffy) have yet to find their feet.

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I'm not one for knee jerk reactions. We still have a lot of good players and will do ok this year. But there are a few things we can conclude from the season so far:
1. Hemed and Murray playing together doesn't seem to work. You need some pace up top.
2. We miss Baldock when he doesn't play. Because he stretches defences and works incredibly hard.
3. Goldson deserves his place back now he is fit. His performances last year were a big part of our consistency.
4. Kayak is twice the player with Stephens alongside him.
5. The new players (Norwood, Duffy) have yet to find their feet.

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Fair comments!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We didn't get the rub of the green today - umpteen times the ball bounced away from us in their box.

Season not over, hardly started...
we spoke about this and concluded that to continually lose out on deflected balls and bounces etc means they either weren't 50:50. Or we're just a bit shit, especially because it never seems to happen to the opposition. Probably a bit of both (in fairness)

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
We deserved to lose yesterday as they played a very simple plan well with a good fast forward who scored from the balls over the top, and we let them do that and did not take our chances. Bstill on the home games I have seen we are 10-2 up and I am taking yesterday as the odd one out and keeping up beat.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
we spoke about this and concluded that to continually lose out on deflected balls and bounces etc means they either weren't 50:50. Or we're just a bit shit, especially because it never seems to happen to the opposition. Probably a bit of both (in fairness)

We also discussed this during the game. Last season we chased and harried yesterday Brentford did the chasing and harrying.

Why have we stopped playing at high intensity?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
We deserved to lose yesterday as they played a very simple plan well with a good fast forward who scored from the balls over the top, and we let them do that and did not take our chances. Bstill on the home games I have seen we are 10-2 up and I am taking yesterday as the odd one out and keeping up beat.

I don't think he was fast we just gave him way too much space. Twice

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here