Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mill Road chaos

robindurant

Robin
May 20, 2010
Sussex
What a cock up at Mill Road today, I am disabled so arrive at 1.15pm to enable me to get a disabled parking space, today they were filled up with late arrivals as the top of the road was full, luckily I found a spot. That was not the end, a large queue formed at stop A but the bus stopped at the bottom and filled wiith walkers, we were then instructed by a Steward to walk down to that lower point , however when the next Bus arrived it went pass empty. The next Bus took ages as cars were making 3 point turns to get out of the hill. In all it took me 1 1/2 hours to get to the Stadium. I will arrive at 12.30 next time !!!!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
It always works like this. There are several queues, one which collects fans of the parked cars on the hill, and a second that always remains at the top of the hill for people who didn't park on the road. The second queue at the top of the hill gets rather big too, and gets merged with the other queue as it reaches the top of the hill. Every other bus avoids the bottom queue, and goes to the top. That's why the bus went by and was empty. Every other bus needs to be empty for the people at the top, or they'd be waiting there for hours.

What annoys me are people arriving and walking down the hill to the collection points. Avoiding the massive queue at the top of the hill and pretending to be one of the waiting fans who've just parked. It's extreamly ****ish, and stewards often turn a blind eye. Today I saw a steward stopping this, so well done to him.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It always works like this. There are several queues, one which collects fans of the parked cars on the hill, and a second that always remains at the top of the hill for people who didn't park on the road. The second queue at the top of the hill gets rather big too, and gets merged with the other queue as it reaches the top of the hill. Every other bus avoids the bottom queue, and goes to the top. That's why the bus went by and was empty. Every other bus needs to be empty for the people at the top, or they'd be waiting there for hours.

What annoys me are people arriving and walking down the hill to the collection points. Avoiding the massive queue at the top of the hill and pretending to be one of the waiting fans who've just parked. It's extreamly ****ish, and stewards often turn a blind eye. Today I saw a steward stopping this, so well done to him.

Why on earth does it make a difference if people walk down the hill and join the queue there? Are there rules somewhere that say you can't do that? They have a ticket which includes travel so who cares where they get on a bus just so long as they queue!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Why on earth does it make a difference if people walk down the hill and join the queue there? Are there rules somewhere that say you can't do that? They have a ticket which includes travel so who cares where they get on a bus just so long as they queue!

Maybe I wasn't clear.

The people waiting at the top could typically be waiting for anywhere between 15 minuets an hour when joining the queue. My average waiting time is typically 30 minutes, and arrive around 1:20. People walking from the top of mill road should join this queue, like what 99% of people do. A minority decide to walk past these patient fans, and bypass the queue to join a bus they stop making its way up the hill.

robindurant

Robin
May 20, 2010
Sussex

I know how it works, I've been catching a bus here for donks , I just wonder why it filled up so early today, the lure of Brentford ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here