Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"You're just a shit Crystal Palace"

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Was that the first time ever an opposition team has managed to acknowledge who our most hated rivals are and goad us with it? Certainly is in my time of going to matches. Had to applaud the Brentford fans in a way for their footballing wisdom.

Normally when I'm recognised as an Albion fan on the road I get stuff sung at me about Portsmouth and Southampton.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Was that the first time ever an opposition team has managed to acknowledge who our most hated rivals are and goad us with it? Certainly is in my time of going to matches. Had to applaud the Brentford fans in a way for their footballing wisdom.

Normally when I'm recognised as an Albion fan on the road I get stuff sung at me about Portsmouth and Southampton.

I thought that was aimed at Murray...hmmm

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
I thought it was aimed at the stewards after heavy handedly ejecting poeple from the south after enduring relentless homophobic chanting by a load of them standing right next to the agency stewaeds whom i had a word with and duly 6 of them man handled me out the ground and stuffed me against a window 2/3 times and my son was left in the ground ...i will be making an official complaint about them and i know i have the backing of a proper steward who backed my story up to the police..... jes my arms hurt.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Think it was directed at Murray 'shit at crystal palace, you were shit at crystal palace ' sorry to piss on you fire !!

It wasn't directed at Murray , they were definitely singing "you're just a shit crystal palace"

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Smith has probably got a big bonus, Benham and Bloom hate each other. Probably why he is so smug although I missed his post match interview.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Why on Earth would they sing to an individual player about one spell of his career? It was definitely you're just a shit Crystal Palace

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I'd say it was....it started just after Murrsy fired a shot wide...maybe we need a Brentford fan to confirm :moo:

l could hear it as clear as day , and do you REALLY think football fans would think to make something up like "you were shit at crystal palace " ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Nope. They sang "you're just a shit Crystal Palace". Murray just missing a shot on goal at that time was a coincidence.
Probably could've sung it at any time during the 90 mins today and Murray would have just missed a shot at goal or generally made an arse of things.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Brentford fans thought they were being clever, but failed to realise that their chant was guilty of semantic pleonasm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleonasm

Its grammatically incorrect to say black darkness, big giant or shit Crystal Palace as the descriptor is made redundant by the very nature of the thing being described.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here