Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Someone killed in manor hall road

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I live in the road. Co-op all cordoned off and reports coming out of someone being fatally stabbed.
Awful scenes.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It is quite scary to look at the Argus these days.There seems to be a murder every other week and assaults on the seafront and stabbings all over the place.
Is it really that bad?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not an area where you would consider this type of attack happening, is anywhere safe locally these days?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
From Brighton & Hove News Twitter

A teenager was stabbed in Portslade this evening (Saturday 10 September).

The attack happened outside the Co-op on the corner of Abinger Road, and Shelldale Road, Portslade, shortly after 5.15pm.

Neighbours helped stem the bleeding from the young victim’s neck and stomach.

Teenagers were seen fleeing on foot and by bike.
Sussex Police said: “Shortly after 5.15pm today police were called to an assault in Abinger Road, Portslade.

“Officers administered first aid to a male with serious injuries and he has now been taken to hospital.

“Police are still at the scene conducting inquiries and the southern end of Abinger Road remains closed at this time.”

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
From Brighton & Hove News Twitter

A teenager was stabbed in Portslade this evening (Saturday 10 September).

The attack happened outside the Co-op on the corner of Abinger Road, and Shelldale Road, Portslade, shortly after 5.15pm.

Neighbours helped stem the bleeding from the young victim’s neck and stomach.

Teenagers were seen fleeing on foot and by bike.
Sussex Police said: “Shortly after 5.15pm today police were called to an assault in Abinger Road, Portslade.

“Officers administered first aid to a male with serious injuries and he has now been taken to hospital.

“Police are still at the scene conducting inquiries and the southern end of Abinger Road remains closed at this time.”

So not fatal then. Perhaps a change of thread title would be a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I manage that very Co-op Store. The lad is not deceased to my knowledge.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
'Kin hell. It's a jungle out there.

A genuine question by a naive forty-something - is it normal for ne'er-do-wells to carry knives nowadays?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
'Kin hell. It's a jungle out there.

A genuine question by a naive forty-something - is it normal for ne'er-do-wells to carry knives nowadays?

As another 40+ adult I would like to remind you that knives were used in the 80s and I know of swords used to cut off arms in rockabilly / skinhead fights back then so yeah ne'er-do-wells do... But you know that

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As another 40+ adult I would like to remind you that knives were used in the 80s and I know of swords used to cut off arms in rockabilly / skinhead fights back then so yeah ne'er-do-wells do... But you know that

Yeah, you make a very good point and I'm well aware of that and I'm certainly not trying to paint my youth as halcyon days but I used to know quite a few wrong uns from the likes of Maggie's Bar and other places in Worthing in the late 80s, early 90s and I can't remember any of them pulling knives when they got into scraps. And I'm just guessing here but a skinhead v rocker fight is possibly more likely to have a bit of pre-planning to it.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yeah, you make a very good point and I'm well aware of that and I'm certainly not trying to paint my youth as halcyon days but I used to know quite a few wrong uns from the likes of Maggie's Bar and other places in Worthing in the late 80s, early 90s and I can't remember any of them pulling knives when they got into scraps. And I'm just guessing here but a skinhead v rocker fight is possibly more likely to have a bit of pre-planning to it.

The arms being cut off were yes pre planned attacks in Mordon your right that was against skinheads in a revenge attack, but knives were used regularly by gangs however the press was not interested unless someone died and Facebook, Twatter etc was not about etc etc etc.... We lived in far more violent times fella, because people God even bouncers could beat the feck outta ya without fear of cctv

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The arms being cut off were yes pre planned revenge attacks in Mordon yes your right against skinheads, but knives were used however the press was not interested unless someone died and Facebook, Twatter etc was not about etc etc etc.... We lived in far more violent times fella, because people God even bouncers could beat the feck outta ya without fear of cctv

Yep - you're probably right there, especially about the behaviour of bouncers. I'll take it all back - it does look like I'm looking back with rose-tinted specs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here