Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'm afraid his performance was embarrassing today, did he forget how to play football during the international break? I do worry now Rosenior is crocked as he has no competition and isn't getting any younger.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Not so much just him embarrassing, the whole team struggled to do much. The fallout of the Stevens fiasco, the in inability to sign a striker, all unsettling factors. One poor game doesn't make it an embarrassment but the lack of strength in depth today overall was a worry

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Bruno does seem to have the occasional 'mare, but it's very rare. I'm sure he'll be back to his sublime best on Tuesday. Hopefully alongside Goldson.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Bruno does seem to have the occasional 'mare, but it's very rare. I'm sure he'll be back to his sublime best on Tuesday. Hopefully alongside Goldson.

You are right, same happened last season, Goldson back will hopefully bring a more stable defence.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Was Bruno poor because of Duffy? Was Duffy poor because of Bruno? The two of them were on different planets today and it doesn't look like a partnership that will gel.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I think the part of Brunos poor game was because of Murray and Hemed.
They were like two Siamese twins up front, drifting to the left, so Knocky was drifting infield, so Bruno was pushing forward too much to give us a right wing outlet.
This allowed Brentfords left side bloke all the space he wanted, and he had far too much pace for Duffy, both goals came from that position.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He had a mare today, he is allowed one now and again but he kept trying and probably saw more of the ball than anyone.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'm afraid his performance was embarrassing today, did he forget how to play football during the international break? I do worry now Rosenior is crocked as he has no competition and isn't getting any younger.

If anyone is allowed a very occasional poor game it's Bruno who usually delivers quality/good/committed performances and is a credit to our club and is rightly one of if not the first name on the team sheet.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Was Bruno poor because of Duffy? Was Duffy poor because of Bruno? The two of them were on different planets today and it doesn't look like a partnership that will gel.

I missed the game today due to not being able to walk, drive or sit properly. My mates texted me constantly and all said Bruno was having a mare. From all over the ground. I couldn't agree, not being there but it seemed a consistent whinge.

For me last season's success was built on partnerships. Bong & Kaz. Bruno & March. Kayal & Stephens. And two of Dunk / Greer / Uwe / Goldson. This has now gone.

I worry we have lost really effective partnerships in favour of better individuals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes please. And if we could get a full refund on Duffy as well that'd be even better.

I thought Duffy looked solid today. Bruno on the other hand had a shocker. Constantly caught out of position and on occasions in the opposing half when Brentford had the ball near our penalty area. It's not his first poor performance of the season either. I did think Duffy and Bruno should have avoided their public fall out though. It's all very well high fiving pre match as a sign of team spirit but the real test is when things not going so well.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I think the part of Brunos poor game was because of Murray and Hemed.
They were like two Siamese twins up front, drifting to the left, so Knocky was drifting infield, so Bruno was pushing forward too much to give us a right wing outlet.
This allowed Brentfords left side bloke all the space he wanted, and he had far too much pace for Duffy, both goals came from that position.

Is the correct answer.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
He simply doesn't have the legs anymore! When he gets dispossessed in the final third and they broke, he was barely back in his own half by the time they had a shot.

Yes we were collectively poor but as a right back, if you get dispossessed in the opponents half you leave a gaping hole in the defence. After their first Brentford missed another one on one with Stockdale saving with his feet. Duffy then gave Bruno tons pointing out the area he kept getting dispossessed in.

If he can't make it back, don't bloody well bomb forward so much!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Bruno was back to the player I know. Usual sub standard defending but everyone wanked over him because he had three other players covering him in a relatively settled defence when he went walkabout. Today was Duffy and he didnt and showed Bruno to be the non defender that he actually is. Technically gifted yes. Defender? Certainly not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here