Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Somethings wrong!

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Noticed it at Reading, players arguing, Bruno and Duffy at each others throats today, our togetherness seems to have evaporated

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
When will learn?!? We're a selling club, players of potential come here expecting us to sell them to bigger clubs when they come calling. By trying to go against the grain, we've busted our flush.

One for Tony there.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
When will learn?!? We're a selling club, players of potential come here expecting us to sell them to bigger clubs when they come calling. By trying to go against the grain, we've busted our flush.

One for Tony there.

Please explain .

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Please explain .

Well I refer to the fact that historically we've sold our prize assets at the right time, allowing them to move - not always for the right price mind! Thus preventing key relationships from breaking down and the steady erosion of team spirit.

Players kind of expect to leave us if they catch the eye, I suspect we sell this idea when we recruit... After all we're not a big time club are we?!?

That's how I see things, and by preventing key players from moving we've derailed our togetherness and cut our nose off to spite our face.

Or indeed, been hoisted by our own petard. Yes; I like that better.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

One for Tony there.

That's been true but if they do sell you have other saying ''we lack ambition'' if selling our players. How can the Chairman win then ??

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
That's been true but if they do sell you have other saying ''we lack ambition'' if selling our players. How can the Chairman win then ??

Yes fair point, and people will always moan. The Stephen's saga had run on for months however, and we should have been able to sign an actual replacement and let him go. Bloody stupid to expect him to perform for us again to be honest. Not going to get hurt and off to Burnley for 3 million in Jan.

What a joke.

This summers recruitment has been a failure, that bears out thus far.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Chairman wins by buying the one player that needed to be bought all transfer window.

If he has to say "signing striker x could only come about by selling player y", then so be it, we are selling club after all.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I think it's going to be a long and disappointing season. How we end up may require very careful management of the January window.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
No one has recovered from last season.

I could happily go a year without domestic football after that.

This season will be mainly making up the numbers and letting someone else have a go. Let's see who else wants it that 1 point more than we did.

scooter1

How soon is now?
To a man today we were poor, with the exception of Dunk.
I think Maenpaa needs another go as Stockdale has not come back well from injury, and looks overweight again.
There were too many negatives today and it's Hughtons job to get us back on track on Tuesday. Regardless of where his future lies, Stephens has to start and the recruitment team need to source a potential replacement for Jan/June. I forgot Kayal was playing at times today, an Bongs distribution and positional play was woeful.
We go again on Tuesday, and can only hope that today was our Rotherham of last season

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
To a man today we were poor, with the exception of Dunk.
I think Maenpaa needs another go as Stockdale has not come back well from injury, and looks overweight again.
There were too many negatives today and it's Hughtons job to get us back on track on Tuesday. Regardless of where his future lies, Stephens has to start and the recruitment team need to source a potential replacement for Jan/June. I forgot Kayal was playing at times today, an Bongs distribution and positional play was woeful.
We go again on Tuesday, and can only hope that today was our Rotherham of last season

I hope you are right.
The new loan left back Pocognoli can't be worse than Bong even if he hasn't played many games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here