Brighton v Brentford

Sky Bet Championship

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 10th September 2016
Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Referee: Scott Duncan
Assistants: Akil Howson, Robert Hyde
Fourth official: David Rock

Brighton winger Kazenga LuaLua (knee) is a doubt while striker Sam Baldock serves a one-match ban.

With Liam Rosenior (ankle) out, Sebastien Pocognoli may make his first start after joining from West Brom.

Brentford boss Dean Smith could hand debuts to Sullay Kaikai but fellow transfer deadline day signing Rico Henry (shoulder) is out.

Forward Lasse Vibe is suspended following his dismissal in the draw with Sheffield Wednesday.

Defender Yoann Barbet may return after an ankle injury but Alan Judge (broken leg) is a long-term absentee.

Analysis

BBC Sussex's Johnny Cantor: "Brighton will be looking to continue their impeccable home record this season against Brentford, having won their last three home games in all competitions, scoring 10 goals without conceding.

"Dale Stephens and Anthony Knockaert stayed at the club despite interest from the Premier League in the transfer window and the squad has been boosted by the news that Lewis Dunk has signed a new five-year deal.

"The next seven games, in the space of 22 days, will give an indication as to whether Albion have the depth required - and the strike power up front - to mount another concerted promotion push."

BBC Radio London's Billy Reeves: "Dan Bentley has made more saves than any other goalkeeper in the Championship this season, which either suggests he was a smart purchase for Bees or their defence is a bit leaky.

"Most Brentford experts believe flying winger Sullay Kaikai, signed on loan from Crystal Palace, will go straight into the team, but there's no consensus as to who will make way.

"Brighton were one of the pre-season favourites for promotion and are arguably Brentford's biggest test to date. It remains to be seen how long the Bees can be considered a work in progress."

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]Brighton have kept six clean sheets in their last eight league games against the Bees (W4 D2 L2).
    [*=left]Brentford have only won one of their last six away league trips to Brighton, a 1-0 win in January 2015 courtesy of an Andre Gray strike..
    [*=left]Brighton are unbeaten in 12 home league games (W9 D3), a run stretching back to January - the longest current home unbeaten run in the Championship.
    [*=left]The Bees have lost three of the last four league away trips and won one, although that victory was a thumping 5-1 triumph at Huddersfield in the last game of the season.
    [*=left] Brentford's Sam Saunders is one of three Championship players to have come on as a substitute in all five games so far this season, along with Andre Green (Aston Villa) and Stefan Payne (Barnsley).

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I have a really good feeling about the game, so there's NO WAY we can lose today!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
We appear to have only had this ref twice - 0-0 at Massive and 2-0 win at Bolton. Professional northerner gets game on South Coast. Looks like professional Championship Refs will kill the environment.

Olliej

Sep 1, 2016
anyone know when the gates open because i was hoping to watch the manchester game at the amex

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nice Saturday afternoon home match which we should win, so...........................................................

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Good luck to them. They seem to think they are going to the Withdean!

To be fair Billy who edits BeeSotted used to live in Brighton and go to University on the Falmer campus. He knows where the Amex is. Its a typo.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Ive got a feeling we're going to lose today, probably cos that's the kind of sucky thing to happen on my Birthday!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
With Pritchard and Judge not in their team this year, who will occupy this role? Lewis MacLeod?

As Brentford paid £850K for him as a youngster, someone to be wary of?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Went on to the Vital Seagulls site earlier and it said Darren Deadman was ref, so either they are wrong or this one is.

Saturday 10th September 2016

Sky Bet Championship

Brighton & Hove Albion v Brentford
SCOTT DUNCAN
Akil Howson and Robert Hyde
Fourth Official David Rock
Read more at http://www.efl.com/news/article/201...-7-officials-3292564.aspx#5LaJLUslfkj0OoP9.99

unless there has been a change

I'll be watching the foul count for this game.. Especially Glenn Murray and Jirí Skalák who were a bit aggressive at Newcastle.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Those lovely fellas at BeeSotted "the Brentford fans network", asked me to write a preview of the match for Brentford fans.
So i did.

And here it is.
http://beesotted.co.uk/?p=19387
Pretty good. Do you go to away games? I only ask, because you said that Knocky is the only player to have his own song. I've heard songs at away games about Kayal (the King of Isreal), Stockdale (doesn't wear a hat), Dunk (the taste of spunk), Lualua (Lualua), Skalak (Skalak, Skalak, Skalak), Bruno (ole)....even Rosenior got a chant at Reading.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here