Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Anfield stand

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Lets hope they haven't used the same seating plan as they do in the Away section.. with no leg-room, literally impossible to sit down!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Didn't they have to forcibly remove an entire street to get it built?

When they redeveloped the Centenary Stand they also removed a row of terraced housing. Just two old sisters refused to move out of their house whilst for years LFC sought to offer them compensation to move. Eventually they were forced to concede and moved just before the start of the Premier League. The story has it that they put a curse of the club and that since that day they are the reason LFC have not won the league. I think they were called the Murphy Sisters or something.

theboybilly

As an aside, at Ashton Gate last season there was the sight of the new Main Stand nearing completion. I thought at the time that when it is full when we go there on November 5th the atmosphere should be amazing (as long as they keep visiting supporters in the same section). I'm really looking forward to this one.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was looking at Spurs plans for their new stadium. Liverpool's new stand, by comparison, looks like something that would have been built 25 years ago.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Lets hope they haven't used the same seating plan as they do in the Away section.. with no leg-room, literally impossible to sit down!

The bottom tier is from the original hundred year old Leitch stand, modified slightly to have the players tunnel near the half way line, so that will have similar amounts of leg room. The two new tiers built behind the main stand will have to conform to modern standards of course so should be more spacious. The architects were KSS if you want an Amex link.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anfield is an utter hovel. They should have torn the whole thing down and started again.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I was looking at Spurs plans for their new stadium. Liverpool's new stand, by comparison, looks like something that would have been built 25 years ago.
This. The sides, where it joins, especially with the Kop, and the Anfield Road end look terrible. Maybe it'll look better if they re-develop the Anfield Rd end but those corners really need looking at.
Tottenham's new stadium looks like it will be superb.

Last edited:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Possibly because the land that Spurs will flog off on which their current stadium stands will net them a large fortune whereas who would pay to redevelop the Anfield plot?

theboybilly

This. The sides, where it joins, especially with the Kop, and the Anfield Road end look terrible. Maybe it'll look better if the re-develop the Anfield Rd end but those corners really need looking at.
Tottenham's new stadium looks like it will be superb.

The Anfield Road stand is next for upgrading. I've just thought that the next 10 seasons will see Liverpool rake in well over £1billion in PL revenue alone. (probably a lot more) so they will be able to do lots with Anfield now. Money talks, residents will move, which wasn't foreseen when the Stanley Park groundshare was mooted years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here