Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone had experiences in setting up a website?

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Recently purchased a web domain for a project myself and a couple of colleagues have been thinking of doing for a while now but honestly do not know where to start.

Bought the domain via GoDaddy but what they are offering seems pretty expensive. We want WordPress and email too but want to see what is the best/cheapest way of doing this without throwing too much money around.

Anyone got any advice?

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Drop me a PM and let me know what exactly you want and expect from your website ;-)
I can help certainly, and for a reasonable price too!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
web search how to stuff. should be a doddle to setup Wordpress, designed for exactly what you want - beginners doing something they not sure about. you'll need some hosting space from a provider, looks like GoDaddy sells basic package for £5 p/m which is not the cheapest, but about standard for large hosting outfits and you're with them now (you could buy hosting elsewhere then forward the domain DNS... too technical? ).

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Easy to knock something together yourself, but my couple of tries have never been totally what I wanted. Depending on what the project is, some help from someone in the know can save a lot of time.

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
Hi there,

PM me with some details about your business / project, what you're trying to achieve, timeframe & budget and I'll come back to you!

Cheers

D

Deleted member 22389

If you have just bought the domain name you can change the DNS via Godaddy to point at your new webspace. There are plenty of hosts to choose from. You need anything too big, unless the site starts growing and your going to be uploading loads of images.

If you want to install wordpress, your best bet is to go on a Linux Server, and make sure it comes with CPanel installed for easy admin. You can set up emails, set up wordpress within a few clicks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here