Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:tumble:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think I count ... although it was a very long time ago.

You count? How many here, then?

104992-finger-art-finger-pen-optical-illusion-mighty-optical-illusions.jpg

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Bloody out of towners.
Should make all those tax dodging layabouts swear allegiance to all things Brighton as part of their University place!
Bloody students.....they've never had it so good.:):)

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Near 40 years ago my then-lady-friend went to U of S for a year on a grant, fell in with a few other students who were supporters, and collected for me a box of programs,a couple pennants, and other BHA ephemera -- I was already interested in English football, esp. Liverpool --they were Boston Irish' favorite club. She gave them to me when she came back.

Kept one or more eyes on the Albion ever since -- esp. in the internet age, with the near-death experience and stadium drama, via the Clubs in Crisis forum.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I followed & went to leyton orient & west ham when I was at uni up there. Don't really care no more though

el punal

Okay then, my wife, well girlfriend back then, went to Brighton College of Education back in the mid-1970s. This is now Brighton University and the site of the buildings where she attended (ahem!) lectures I reckon is now our glorious West Stand.

Moving on, I took her to her first Albion game at Selhurst Park back in 1975 when we beat THEM 1-0 and from there on in Madame was hooked. As she hails from Southampton I get a brownie point and claim my prize.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My nephew is at Brighton Uni and he was a regular in the North Stand last season. He's still diehard Millwall though, can't see that changing.

I used to watch Bradford City when I was at uni there, didn't turn me into a Bantam supporter though

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Would be interesting to know.

Not the same thing but I moved to West London to work at 18 and routinely watched QPR. My heart was always with the Albion though.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Last season before an evening match I was sat on the 25 on the way to the Amex when a group of about 5-6 students got on near the Uni. Obviously on the way to their first BHA match (which is no crime) but these were absolute helmets. Taking the piss at every opportunity at the albions shortcomings in comparison to the prem clubs they followed. Had to have a quiet word when one of them complained they couldn't hear the crowd noise (we were ****ing miles away at this point) like he could when he went to Spurs.

Far as I am concerned if anyone wants to adopt the club because they were studying down here then great. Divs like the ones I encountered can do one.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I'm an admissions tutor at UoS. When applcants come down for their visits before confirming us as their first choice I make a lot of the fact we have a top club on the doorstep. I'm not conivinced that I am successful in conveying this excitement as my impression is that relatively few of the students who join us end up going. I guess if they are football supporters they'll already have their own club and it would be a bit phoney to expect them to transfer their allegiance to us - and it's a bit pricey to go if you are not a fan. Very few of them seem support teams outside of the Prem.....a bit depressing but probably predicable.

If and when we get into the Prem I think it might change; I know that Bournemouth Uni make a big selling point of this factor.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Went to watch Wolves a lot when i was at Uni there and they are my Dads team. Steve Bull, Andy Mutch etc. Never changed my alliegence though during that time.. Always Albion.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Mixed expierences if we can a few extra fans great but I think most of them come to the Amex to learn how to poor beer.( badly)
Did the club give student discounts.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I know of 3 foreign students from my course at the university of Sussex who now follow Brighton as their second team. They attend a few games each year and are always talking about Brighton. They were devastated when Brighton missed out on promotion last year... But more so they don't get to watch Premier League teams this season than Brighton miss out.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Having not done too well at my A-levels/failed them miserably, I started a HND course at Brighton University in 1996, as that was all I could get get into. More-or-less exactly 20 years ago. I dropped out after the second term and got a job in Brighton and then stayed living there until 1998. There was 2 other lads on my course who were already Albion then, like me and we went to a couple of games together at The Goldstone and even took along a couple of non-Albion lads from our course who hadn't been to The Goldstone before. Being a Sussex boy, I was already was a fan though, so I don't qualify to the original post.

I do remember a University of Brighton booklet/guide to Brighton & Hove at the time, accentuating all the positives of the town, which included having a county championship cricket club and a football league club in Hove.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here