Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recommendations for holidaying in "The British Isles" (post-Brexit) - BELFAST

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Just back from three nights in Belfast. Not a deliberate UK holiday but made me think about going on more holidays to NI, Wales, Scotland post-Brexit and supporting our own economy.

Belfast was great - highlight (which I did not expect) was the black cab Murals tour, others were the beautifully restored (still smelling of paint!) WW1 ship the HMS Caroline, only recently opened. Did a day trip to Giant's Causeway and very thankful that we chose the three hour clifftop walk option rather than just turn up there (it was swarming with tourists). The huge new Titanic museum was v good also, although not as good as it could have been imo (it gets better as you go through it).

The Guinness was good of course but the 10 year old Bushmills was a revelation :clap2:

V nice people but wouldn't mess with them! Also, wandering around midweek at 11pm looking for somewhere still open to eat there we were struck by the number of homeless and particularly (and we all see many homeless in Brighton) their age - predominantly youngsters/teenagers/early 20's. Also saw two of three different charity groups on the streets talking to them.

Anyway, if you want to holiday in the UK I would strongly recommend Belfast (we airbnb-ed as usual).

Last edited:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I did the black cab tour a few years ago. I was initially concerned that maybe it was in bad taste but the tour was excellent with a very accurate and objective commentary which presented all the viewpoints without favouring any one of them.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Last went there in 1992 on behalf of my employers to auction off a couple of pubs...enjoyed what I saw and found the people welcoming

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here