Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion's free-scoring young Irish internationals

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
New first-year scholar Aaron Connolly scored the Republic of Ireland U-17s second goal in a 3-2 win over Turkey today:-

Two days ago, both Thomas Byrne and Jayson Molumby were on the scoresheet as ROI U-19s beat Austria 3-1:-

For those struggling to keep up, these are our current young Irish lads making their way through the academy:-

1st year scholar: Aaron Connolly
2nd year scholars: Thomas Byrne, Daniel Mandroiu.
Young pros: Dylan Barnett, Des Hutchinson, Jayson Molumby, Rian O'Sullivan

Plus: I'm not sure whether Brighton-born centre-back Thomas Cadman would describe himself as an Irishman, but he is also a current ROI U-18 and U-19 international.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Let's hope at least one can make it through to the first team in a couple of years time

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Interesting stuff, as ever. Didn't realise the promising looking Cadman was Brighton-born - he's a centre half though isn't he? I probably should've known. :smile:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Is the Ref The Complete And Utter Shyster 1.14 into the u19 game , incredible decision .

Thanks for posting by the way .

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
this will be our future .. the academy will pick the best young talent and progress it. Its nice to know we have links with Eire as normally this is where united and Liverpool have got youngsters... long may it continue.... We as fans just need to be patient

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
New first-year scholar Aaron Connolly scored the Republic of Ireland U-17s second goal in a 3-2 win over Turkey today:-

Two days ago, both Thomas Byrne and Jayson Molumby were on the scoresheet as ROI U-19s beat Austria 3-1:-

For those struggling to keep up, these are our current young Irish lads making their way through the academy:-

1st year scholar: Aaron Connolly
2nd year scholars: Thomas Byrne, Daniel Mandroiu.
Young pros: Dylan Barnett, Des Hutchinson, Jayson Molumby, Rian O'Sullivan

Plus: I'm not sure whether Brighton-born centre-back Thomas Cadman would describe himself as an Irishman, but he is also a current ROI U-18 and U-19 international.

Thanks for sharing. Cracking finish from Connolly. Appreciate that it's a common name in Ireland, but is Byrne any relation to our very own Budgie?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here