Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
In fact, there it is, £9.95 on eBay now

image.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There's one in the box of every iPhone 7 / 7 Plus.

That's handy and means I won't have to buy any extra items. Inovating and always thinking of their customers. Well done Apple

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Double fixed

A friend of mine who is one of your fellow Android types shared an article with me from a site called something like AndroidNation that very carefully took apart the iPhone 7 and listed an Android device that had done each feature first.

It was brilliant, quite brilliant.

I determined that I would need to buy 15 different Android devices to cover all the features that the iPhone 7 has. I reckon I'll just stick to buying the one though.

Additionally, I watched the keynote very carefully last night and I'm not sure I once heard Apple say they were doing anything first or before anyone else. Maybe I just missed it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Additionally, I watched the keynote very carefully last night and I'm not sure I once heard Apple say they were doing anything first or before anyone else. Maybe I just missed it.
Did they not mention that they're suing others for copying their ideas? Or did they mention that a High Court judge ruled that others hadn't copied their ideas, and they should apologise?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Did they not mention that they're suing others for copying their ideas? Or did they mention that a High Court judge ruled that others hadn't copied their ideas, and they should apologise?

I don't follow that news closely, but I've not heard of Samsung and Apple suing and counter-suing each other for a few years. Hopefully each of them have seen sense. I don't really care.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Apple experts:

I have the "Battery" app, and it says my memory is at 87% (and using my my battery quicker than ideal) so it says to use "Memory Boost".
I do so and memory usage is reduced to 32%.
However, without me using the phone for anything, the usage soon goes back to 87%.

Is there any way to stop the unwanted usage?

Thanks

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
A friend of mine who is one of your fellow Android types shared an article with me from a site called something like AndroidNation that very carefully took apart the iPhone 7 and listed an Android device that had done each feature first.

It was brilliant, quite brilliant.

I determined that I would need to buy 15 different Android devices to cover all the features that the iPhone 7 has. I reckon I'll just stick to buying the one though.

You seem to be suggesting that the iPhone is the gold standard, which has all the features anyone wants in a smartphone. A lot of Android phones have the majority of the features of an iPhone, excluding some which people might not want, and adding some which the iPhone doesn't have.

I never said they were doing anything first either. It just irks me slightly when the media heaps all this praise on Apple for these features which have been on other devices for years.

But you do think they're a great company?

I think they are a decent company who have made some great products over the years. I just don't understand the kind of cult following they attract. This has been especially true for me recently, as I've been using a MacBook at work to develop an iPhone app. I certainly haven't got this "once you've used Apple you won't go back" thing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here