Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No University parking for the Brentford game

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...on-brentford-3295726.aspx#7Mkk5jAkjAddzhky.99

There are alternative arrangements for Saturday's match.

Brighton & Hove Albion supporters are advised that there will be no parking available at the University of Sussex on Saturday for the home match with Brentford.

The university is expecting large volumes of traffic this weekend, as students return for the new term and so the club has sought alternative arrangements for this game.

Any supporters with seasonal parking packages or 1901 Club parking at Sussex University should park at Car Park B (formerly known as the Bridge car park) for this match. For directions, please see our travel guide.

Please note there will be no cash parking available at Car Park B for this match, so fans are advised to use one of the club’s park & ride sites or to seek alternative methods of transport.

Disabled supporters who normally park at the University of Sussex, should park in the Upper Car Park at Brighton University (click here for a map). Community Buses will be in operation to transport fans to the lift at the stadium coach park.

Meanwhile, Southern have advised the club that they will operate a normal matchday rail service on Saturday, although supporters are advised to check Southern’s website for the latest updates.

All three park & ride sites will also be in operation from midday, although supporters using Brighton Racecourse are advised that access to the car park will be via the Manor Hill entrance.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Freshers arrive this weekend, so that makes sense. However, it's very last minute given this has been known about for a year or so.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Freshers arrive this weekend, so that makes sense. However, it's very last minute given this has been known about for a year or so.

Not quite a year but certainly since the fixtures came out. Maybe the Uni were going to let them use it and then inexplicably changed their mind?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Not quite a year but certainly since the fixtures came out. Maybe the Uni were going to let them use it and then inexplicably changed their mind?

Sorry, I meant the date of Freshers has been known about for that long. Obviously not the clash, but that's still been known about for months.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Sorry, I meant the date of Freshers has been known about for that long. Obviously not the clash, but that's still been known about for months.

Indeedy. Odd.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Was announced months ago and a note was sent with every parking season pass notifying us of this so don't know what the issue is?

Sounds like you've been lucky, I know people who haven't even been able to get hold of anyone to try to purchase a pass.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
Was announced months ago and a note was sent with every parking season pass notifying us of this so don't know what the issue is?
Correct, those with parking season tickets at the Uni were told in a note that went out with the passes before the season started. The same applies on Sat 24th September, all Uni Parkers are shifted to the Bridge for that game also.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Park there if you so wish anyway, but arrive extra early and getting away after the match will be Hell.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well I'll be parking in the Bridge on Saturday and will be wheeling my son and his broken ankle in a chair to the stadium. If you see us feel free to lend a hand!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Freshers arrive a week later at Lincoln, which is nice as Burton away can be combined

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think it's a reminder, rather than an announcement. I posted it so that people would remember.

apprciated. i ha noiea

keyboard playing up....:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here