Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion boss tells unsettled midfielder to knuckle down [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7
Dale Stephens was keen to join Burnley before the transfer window closed

Chris Hughton expects to see Dale Stephens shining for Albion – despite seeing a transfer request turned down.
The Seagulls boss has shrugged off the midfielder’s attempt to leave the club as “nothing unusual” as he prepares his side to face Brentford on Saturday.
He said he understands Stephens’ desire to move to the Premier League.
Stephens, now free of knee problems which were cited as a reason for his absence from recent games, could face the Bees as Albion kick off their next hectic batch of matches.
He had instead hoped to be facing Hull City with Burnley this weekend after the Clarets made several bids for his services.
Hughton told The Argus: “What happened with Dale is not uncommon at clubs.
“We understand his position here as a club because he saw it as an opportunity to play in the Premier League.
“There is nothing unusual about the situation.
“I have been in that position before and I am quite sure I will be in that position again when a Premier League club shows an interest and puts in an offer and the player might want to go.
“What the player always has to do is knuckle down and try to do his best.
“Dale is a very good professional and I have absolutely no doubt he will continue to do the best he can. The great thing is that, once that transfer window closes, everyone is clear about where we are.”
A knee injury in pre-season hindered Stephens’ early weeks of the campaign.
But Hughton said: “He’s fine. He trained last Thursday, then they were off for three days and he was back in on Monday.”

[h=4]Promoted stories[/h]

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here