Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best opposition players to play at the Goldstone?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Best performance, John Sheridan for Sheff Weds.

England B v Italy B had some famous players.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
David Beckham and numerous Man Utd and Liverpool players when they were the top teams same with Arsenal and all other old Div 1 sides. to many to mention.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Not an Albion match but remember watching an England B match at the Goldstone, with an England team which included Paul Gascoigne. Late 80's before he became a superstar but was still class and generally remember him entertaining the crowd with both his football and his antics!

Opponents were Italy u21's and they included a player I'd not heard of at the time but who went on to be a World Cup star of Italia 90. His name Toto Schillaci.

That was one Goldstone match that stuck out for me!!

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Ricky Villa, Stan Bowles, Peter Osgood, Frank Stapleton for Arsenal in our first game in Division 1, Jimmy Case unfortunately for Southampton against us,

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Players that I've seen personally - Mick Channon would have to be the most impressive, followed by Peter Osgood.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
The whole Arsenal team that took us to the cleaners in our very first game in Division one!

Boy that was a real welcome to playing at that level but we adjusted and can't wait to get back there again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here